Puzzle Bots is a point-and-click
adventure game, developed by Erin Robinson
with some assistance from Wadjet Eye Games
Puzzle Bots takes place in Dr. Hugo’s Factory for Making Robots, which is a factory specializing in, you guessed it: making robots. One of the inventors employed there, named Zander, stumbles across a mysterious box outside the factory. He brings it up stairs to show it to his co-workers, but they have no clue how to open it. After a set of events involving the mysterious box, the factory's robots set on a grand adventure.
Puzzle Bots is a puzzle-centric adventure game. The player has to use the robots to overcome obstacles and solve puzzles with their specific abilities. The player can take control of one robot at a time and can switch between them at anytime. Each robot has their own unique ability:
- Hero is Zander's creation and has the ability to climb and pick up objects
- Ultrabot is Theo's robot, and has the ability to push heavy objects.
- Ibi is Yukiro's invention, and has the ability to swim.
- Kelvin is Viktor's bot, and has the ability to burn objects with his flamethrower.
- Bomchelle is Astrid's robot, and has the ability to throw bombs
Characters Dr. Hugo
- Dr Hugo is the proud owner of Dr Hugo’s Factory for making Robots. His Factory is rolling out a new line of kinder, gentle robots and he is hoping to get all the robots ready by Christmas time. Zander
- Creator of Hero. Zander is nice and friendly but absent minded. Theo
- He is the creator of Ultrabot and a College-student intern and certified nerd. He is a snob when it comes to robots. Yuriko
- Creator of Ibi, Yuriko is a shy Japanese girl. She learnt everything she knows from the Japanese school system. Yuriko has a secret crush on her co-worker Zander. Viktor
- Creator of Kelvin, Viktor has a blunt personality. He is trying to get fired, and as a result he has created a robot with a flamethrower. He knows about Yuriko's secret crush on Zander. Astrid
- Creator of Bomchelle, Asrid is the newest employee of Dr Hugo’s Factory for Making Robots. She is the smartest employee of Dr Hugo’s factory- and knows it.