do people still play this game?

#1 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

im just curious since im probably gonna get it some time soon.

#2 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -
Tarsier said:
"Doubt it.
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Why is "doubt" spelled with a B? Like it's a silent B. That's absolutely retarded. Seriously.
"
when america started out, someone decided that america should have its own definition and spelling of words. thats why american english and english english are slightly different. i dont know how that answers your question, but i think i might help give you a clue.
#3 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -
#4 Posted by predator (352 posts) -

People actually do still play Quake 4. (PC version)

#5 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

People still play the PC version.

#6 Posted by SymbolliC (261 posts) -

I'm playing it on the 360, I'm not doing multiplayer though, so I don't know how that front is.

#7 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

I heard the single player isn't anything amazing. If you're buying this game for multiplayer, I think you might as well play Quake Live.

#8 Posted by predator (352 posts) -

It isn't anything amazing, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I doubt anyone is still playing it...and if they are they are likely clinically insane. It's not what I would call a ..."good" game, especially when you look at it now.

#10 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
Kush said:
"I doubt anyone is still playing it...and if they are they are likely clinically insane. It's not what I would call a ..."good" game, especially when you look at it now."
yeh it sucked.
#11 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

I haven't played Quake 4 online in awhile, but its pretty fun though.

#12 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

barely.

#13 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
xruntime said:
"I heard the single player isn't anything amazing. If you're buying this game for multiplayer, I think you might as well play Quake Live."
i agree i've played both and i'm not sure how but quake live is more fun
#14 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Ever since Quake Live, there's no reason to.
4 isn't that goodm anyway. Not as good as Live, which is basically 3 with a few tweaks.

#15 Posted by bitt0r (5 posts) -

the pc-version is still played by a few people. multiplayer-wise it's underrated and the movement is a little more complex as in "q3a" due to the ability of sliding.

#16 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Very old thread, but I played the PC version again a few weeks ago.  Online is as nearly dead as you could believe.  When I played a few rounds the most populated server in the world had about 6 players in it at the time.  Most servers just had 1 or 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.