Anyone have solid time in this?

#1 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

I am not on a computer that can play it (going ghetto for a while, just to remind myself how great modern comps are) and wanted to know if it was worth getting into?

#2 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Yeah its pretty good, the ranking system is now in place so after a few perhaps unbalanced matches you will be playing with people only of your skill level.

#3 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

Yeah now with the new update and stuff Quake Live is lots of fun. I gotta say, I never played the original Quake 3 Arena but hell, this is insaly fun, specially when playing with friends.

#4 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

It's not bad. I like big FFA matches the best. you just gotta go along with your instincts :D. the only thing that bugs me is how low the sensitivity is even on max

OH and someone should set up a bombing run **HINTHINT**

#5 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"someone should set up a bombing run **HINTHINT**"
Agreed. Everyone could get in on it.

By the way, it's pretty fun. Really simple, but it's fun in a way similar to how MegaMan 9 was (although MM9 is better).
#6 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Haven't played since the beta.  I just didn't find it fun to hang with people of my own skill level.  The netcode feels dated compared to modern games.

#7 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Diamond said:
"Haven't played since the beta.  I just didn't find it fun to hang with people of my own skill level.  The netcode feels dated compared to modern games."
thats because it is.
#8 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"Diamond said:
"Haven't played since the beta.  I just didn't find it fun to hang with people of my own skill level.  The netcode feels dated compared to modern games."
thats because it is."
Yes, what were you expecting? It's 100% free.
#9 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

I got a little time in it. I find it technically annoying. I can't even get past the training because it won't send it through my results.

A very meh product.

#10 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

...It's free. People just don't seem to get two things:

• it's free
  • it's in beta
The point right now is to experience problems so it won't suck in the future. It's a work in process as we speak, and not long ago it didn't even have stat tracking. You're getting a game with a ton of cool weapons, tons of cool maps, and built in to your browser for free. id is one of my favorite companies for stuff like this. Sure, it probably isn't their best free product, as that award goes to Wolfenstein:ET (best class best team shooter EVER. Yes, I just said that), but it is pretty darn awesome.
#11 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
BoG said:
"crunchUK said:
"Diamond said:
thats because it is."
Yes, what were you expecting? It's 100% free."
Yeah but seriously every time someone joins it lags out for a split second but while you were lagging out it was still taking into account the last thing you were doing so you end up having fallen off a ledge or spun round 180 degrees or wasted half your ammo = sadface

It;s free, but that doesn't stop it form being annoying and if it is annoying enough the advertising in game will devaule due to less players and they will end up with less money

So yeah i woulod expect them to do something about it

#12 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -

I got the Over 2500 Achievement oh did I say there are achievements!

#13 Posted by Jackel2072 (2261 posts) -

im reinstalling the plug in now. I might to get a new mouse tho, my track ball is sticking a little =(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.