Play Quake!

#1 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Play Quake!

Or Doom! Hexen! Heretic!
#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

pretty cool. shame for the shareware :( 

#3 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

reminds of some site which had RtCW running off a browser completely..forgot the url for it though, but pretty cool.

#4 Posted by MrGetBonus (781 posts) -

OH! You mean actually play it! I sat there and watched it for a min.

#5 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

^Lol. Yeah. Controls are wonky though, need to press left click for mouselook so fire is CTRL.

#6 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Pretty cool, although the controls make me appreciate the keyboard + mouse setup much more. Firing with CTRL is awful, imo.

#7 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I think it's flash to blame for that, can't have proper mouselook, it's got issues with the cursor going off the edges too (but less if you max the mouse sensitivity in options, so that you can do circles around yourself before reaching the edges). Still impressive to see such a complete port in flash.

This game is still more fun than some recent shooters...

#8 Posted by Forcen (1797 posts) -

Wow, this is pretty cool! Embeddable Quake!

#9 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

That's impressive!

But I recommend Quake Live. Much more modern!

#10 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Oh yeah, if you want to play Doom/Hexen/Heretic and the Quake sound annoys you then press ~ to go to Quake's console and input disconnect.

Edit: Or just choose Quit in the options screen and press Y after the pop up question to confirm it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.