Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

QuakeCon

Concept »

The ultimate "Bring Your Own Computer" LAN party and celebration of id Software and their legacy. Also, rockets.

Should I buy Quakecon Bundle + Dishonored from Steam?

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jjnen

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jjnen

I know, I know... This whole thread is a stupid idea but I seriously can't make up my mind.

So to celebrate Quakecon (which is happening this weekend) Bethesda/id are having a sale on Steam. Their whole collection (minus Dawnguard DLC) is bundled and sold for the fair price of 99.99€/$/£. Plus, if you buy Dishonored now you're getting a little more discount for the bundle.

I do not own any these games on Steam. Should I waste my money on this?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

If you think you'll actually play all the games in the bundle, it's a great deal. The problem I personally have with publisher bundles is that I know I'll never get around to playing most of the games.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jjnen

@Ravenlight said:

If you think you'll actually play all the games in the bundle, it's a great deal. The problem I personally have with publisher bundles is that I know I'll never get around to playing most of the games.

I'm definitely not playing all the games in the bundle. I'm mostly interested in replaying Commander Keen, Doom and Quake 3 which is kinda stupid considering those are the cheapest of the bunch. But Brink, Fallouts and Skyrim I might play as well, even though I've played Fallouts and Skyrim on console already.

Don't you love these first world problems?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

If you don't have any of the games, then definitely.

You should also consider playing Dark Corners of the Earth - good game, even if it is a little janky D: Also, if you're up for some very old-school FPSing, then Wolf 3-D and Spear of Destiny are pretty good too.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By adoggz

know what? you totally should buy all of those games, but only buy them individually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.