Kara - a dream tech demo

#1 Posted by Jeust (10487 posts) -
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Other David Cage interview.

I thought this was incredible, and I didn't even pay much attention to the tech behind it but simply what was going on. I loved it, and I'm excited to see what comes next from Quantic Dream.

I'm sad that Kara has nothing to do with Quantic Dream's next project.

#3 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

That's a good way to get around the problem of close enough artifical humans looking like robots - make them actually robots.

#4 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Other David Cage interview.

I thought this was incredible, and I didn't even pay much attention to the tech behind it but simply what was going on. I loved it, and I'm excited to see what comes next from Quantic Dream.

I'm sad that Kara has nothing to do with Quantic Dream's next project.

They said that about the "casting call" tech demo too. In which a virtual actor read a scene from the then unannounced Heavy Rain.

This tech demo's story is far too fleshed out for just a simple throwaway. You are looking at the blueprints to their next game. Whether they admit it or not.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Oh that Kara.

I thought you were talking about this Kara and I was a little disappointed.

#7 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

I'm guessing this will fuel their next QTE "game", or more accurately, guided movie. It's a shame you don't see this kind of fidelity in more robust games.

#8 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

I was very impressed. Let's hope they can transition the quality of this tech demo into a full length game.

#9 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -
@McGhee same here. Although the robo Kara video was pretty great to.
#10 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -

All the sexual overtones in that video creeped me the hell out. When the guy said "Of course you're merchandise, baby," I cringed. Still excited to see Quantic Dream's next title, I loved Heavy Rain, and I hope David Cage gets better at writing and translating his work. His stories are fine for games, but when compared to some of the great dramas written, his work seems kind of juvenile in some spots.

#11 Posted by Cirdain (2998 posts) -

The quality of this short story is pretty damn high in my amateur opinion.

#12 Posted by dr_mantas (1804 posts) -

I just want a game made from this concept. It seems pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.