Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

Calling it early: This'll be a game with a tie-in show

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So watching that weird, hopefully intentionally cheesy live action intro to the trailer, I got an idea. The lady at the Xbox One reveal talked about the end of "one way" experiences with TV, so then seeing what looked like a show connected to a game made me think what if this is, well... a show connected to a game?!

There are already reports that the Halo series will at least premiere on Xbox One, so they have the capability to release exclusive TV content. So I'm thinking this will be a series of shorts (10 min?) that may hold information expanding on whatever the game turns out to be.

Could be cool. Although, yes, you shouldn't really judge anything from a trailer, but man, that was pretty rough.

Thoughts?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Erm. I thought that's pretty much what they said.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

@pie said:

Erm. I thought that's pretty much what they said.

Well, it seemed clear to me too, but they didn't say anything specific about a separate show part. Even in the great new "announcement" video from Sam Lake, there's nothing about a show.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thought this was already a given don't they interact in some way

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't we See some clips of the show? or was that just some live-action cutscene, or a teaser perhaps.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

whatever, i just want more Remedy.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My great aunt Fanny that was intentionally cheese, but there you are. Have no idea what this game's about, but it seems like something that popped from the brain of David Cage.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

All I heard was episodic so I just immediately assumed more of the way Alan Wake was formatted... since that game also was broken up into nifty 'episode' chunks. Man that was so rad ending on big moments and having the game blast out a tune while you got up and got some food or just had a break. More of that, less of live action tv stuff, as much as the tv stuff IN remedy games is cool it's also not really great for a full on tv show. Maybe they can pull a full tv show off, but I think a lot of the reason the tv stuff in their games is rad has nothing to do with proper tv, it's short and quirky as hell and only works to set unique tone in a video game, would be mad boring or just too weird/confusing on tv.

Or they could make something really memorable and blow my mind, either way I'll be watching to see if I enjoy it.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@joshwent: Well considering Alan Wake had a short prequel webisode miniseries it's not that surprising if you think about it. Especially since it had short FMV TV shows in the game. What made that excel though was it was kind of self aware in it's cheesiness that made it fun with the Night Springs episodes and the Mr.Scratch videos in American Nightmare, they were a parody of sorts. I fear that Quantum Break might take itself too seriously.

But if it has this guy then all is forgiven.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.