Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

New interview gives clarity to Quantum Break

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

The interview above is an excerpt from a local Finnish radio show. In it the head of Remedy Entertainment, Matias Myllyrinne, gives some more details into what Quantum Break is and how it will be played to those who are still confused. To summarize a bit the game intends to take the gameplay from Max Payne and mix it with the atmospheric storytelling of Alan Wake. The player can slow down and freeze time and the actions of the player will effect TV-show which will come packaged in with the game. Essentially everyone will see a different TV show based on how they decide to play the game. The game will be episodic, but Matias didn't say if the game will come out as a single package or follow the structure of something like the Walking Dead with episodes coming out every month or so.

There's also some discussion on Ilkka Villi's (the actor behind Alan Wake) future involvement with Remedy, the Finnish game industry overall, console launches and Matias' thoughts on the Xbox One among other things. Oh and apparently Remedy are working on a new iOS game as well. There's a lot of interesting stuff in there so you should definitely give it a listen/read. The game sounds amazingly ambitious but I have a lot of faith in Remedy based on their previous successes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Show comes with the Disk, it's just broken down into episodes similar to Alan Wake.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bigjeffrey: I REALLY need to finish alan wake. Is american nightmare any good ?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Game comes with the Disk, it's just broken down into episodes similar to Alan Wake.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS

This is the fucking amazing. Alan Wake was brilliant.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

@bigjeffrey: I REALLY need to finish alan wake. Is american nightmare any good ?

It is alright, a bit combat focused. Great use of FMV. If you are a big twilight zone fan? it's orgasmic.

@deranged said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Game comes with the Disk, it's just broken down into episodes similar to Alan Wake.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS

This is the fucking amazing. Alan Wake was brilliant.

YES!!!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Oh, so it's going to be the greatest video game ever made?!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By isomeri

@jimmyfenix said:

American Nightmare was maybe a little too combat heavy, but I played it for the first time earlier on in the year and it holds up super well. I still enjoyed the base game a little more, but American Nightmare is definitely worth playing. And if you play it on a PC it looks great too.

@bigjeffrey: Oh that's interesting. I wonder how they'd be able to fit the TV show and the game on a BluRay. It would make more sense to me if you could stream the TV show through the internet and play the game from your hard-drive/disc.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This sound really promising. And on a side note, Finnish sounds insane!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey

@isomeri: Nah, no streaming. GOTTA have that uncompressed Video. Also don't want a Halo 4 situation where you couldn't see the terminals in game since they did not ship on disk.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Nah, no streaming. GOTTA have that uncompressed Video. Also don't want a Halo 4 situation where you couldn't see the terminals in game since they did not ship on disk.

But how could they fit hours of HD video and a modern sized game on a 50 GB BluRay when the games themselves are already pushing against the 50 GB limit? The TV content is "optional" as far as I know so they wouldn't actually have to include it on the disc.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigjeffrey

@isomeri: 3 Layer Blue Ray Disk are 100GB in Size, so they will probably use that. Current standard blue rays are 2 layered 50gb disk.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer

I eagerly await its eventual PC release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.