Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rabbids Go Home: A Comedy Adventure

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

The Rabbids want to go home, which they think is on the Moon. And this time around, minigames aren't going with them.

Back to roots... kinda

SuperMooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperMooseman

The Rabbids are finally moving away from the minigames and UbiSoft have decided to make their next outing an action-adventure. I guess I'm happy this is going nearer to Rayman's roots, but he isn't going to be in this game at all (as far as I'm aware). I wish they'd just make a proper Rayman 4. No Rabbids, just straight up Rayman platforming action with a bit of Globox and Murfy for good taste.

Remember this guy, UbiSoft?
    Remember this guy, UbiSoft?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Whatever happened to platformers with Rayman as the star? :(

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I didn't like Rayman 1, though I played the hell out of Rayman 2 for the N64... somewhere around here I've got the green cartridge.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

Rayman was awesome and I don't why Ubisoft haven't made a proper one in such a long time. Did Rayman not sell well or something? Because I'm sure it did quite well.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

I would like that too. I miss old Rayman, though I am affraid they wold mess up the game for some reason, Rayman doesn't seem to be one of those franchises that can be successfully ported to this gen.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
    Snail said:
    "I would like that too. I miss old Rayman, though I am affraid they wold mess up the game for some reason"
    Meh, that franchise has been messed up ever since they gave Rayman a voice actor.
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mushir

Wasn't Rayman Ubisofts mascot of sorts? But if a new Rayman game came out, it would most likely not be that successful. I don't think he was as famous as Sonic or Mario so little kids wouldn't recognize him.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGodPoet

I miss the old rayman games. I remember when I used to play the Great Escape all the time. I remember when I used to even play Rayman Arena all the time.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I want a new 2D Rayman. I loved the original.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By ArcBorealis

Hey, there may be a possibility. Ancel got pissed at Ubi because they made what was going to be Rayman 4 into what we know as Raving Rabbids (and a total of three yearly minigame fests). However, word's been going around (can't remember if it was confirmed somewhere or not) that Ancel and his team are working on this new Rabbids game. Hopefully that if it pays off, a new proper Rayman game can be done.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

Speaking of which, I got my copy of Rayman 2 Revolution in the mail today (fucker didn't include the booklet), and to my surprise, the characters had voice actors! Despite the graphical improvements, I think I like the Dreamcast version better.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    Twilight said:
    "Wasn't Rayman Ubisofts mascot of sorts? But if a new Rayman game came out, it would most likely not be that successful. I don't think he was as famous as Sonic or Mario so little kids wouldn't recognize him."
    I think the most telling thing about Rayman's fate is that the original Raving Rabbids was going to be the fourth Rayman platforming game before it was turned into a minigame collection.  Then the popularity of the rabbids themselves skyrocketed to the point where Rayman became a bit-player in his own franchise.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Coltonio7

Old Rayman was bitchin'. This better be bitchin'.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By dsplayer1010
    mracoon said:
    "Rayman was awesome and I don't why Ubisoft haven't made a proper one in such a long time. Did Rayman not sell well or something? Because I'm sure it did quite well."
    I'm pretty sure it did, too.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail
    TooWalrus said:
    "Snail said:
    "I would like that too. I miss old Rayman, though I am affraid they wold mess up the game for some reason"
    Meh, that franchise has been messed up ever since they gave Rayman a voice actor."
    Oh so true. I would love a 2D remake of classics, such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Rayman, just like New Super Mario Bros..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.