Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Radiant Historia

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 03, 2010

An RPG co-developed by Atlus and Headlock, some other staff include artist Hiroshi Konishi who worked on Radiata Stories and Yoko Shimomura on the music. Stocke must travel through time and revisit key events in order to save his homeland of Alistel from invasion and, ultimately, total desertification. An enhanced port with a new, third storyline was released on Nintendo 3DS in June 2017.

Work getting in the way of gaming

cwilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By cwilly

I know that JRPG is a four letter word these days, but I've been squeezing in some Radiant Historia into my crazy work schedule. I'm pretty sure that most everyone has overlooked this baby, which is a shame, since it's the best rpg for the DS that I've played since the DQ5 remake. It has interesting battle mechanics, VERY branching storylines, a great (although not extensive) OST, and a protagonist that seems to be evolving and growing emotionally as the game goes on. Apparently, there was a fairly limited print run on this cart, and as the 3DS is taking over for the DS, I don't expect to see any more shipped. Radiant Historia has been routinely selling for around $50 on eBay. Anyways, I'm about 20 hours in and steadily chopping it up... might be done in a couple more weeks. So, if anyone is tired of weak-sauce selection of 3DS games so far, dust off the ol' DS for one last good jrpg.

cwilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cwilly

I know that JRPG is a four letter word these days, but I've been squeezing in some Radiant Historia into my crazy work schedule. I'm pretty sure that most everyone has overlooked this baby, which is a shame, since it's the best rpg for the DS that I've played since the DQ5 remake. It has interesting battle mechanics, VERY branching storylines, a great (although not extensive) OST, and a protagonist that seems to be evolving and growing emotionally as the game goes on. Apparently, there was a fairly limited print run on this cart, and as the 3DS is taking over for the DS, I don't expect to see any more shipped. Radiant Historia has been routinely selling for around $50 on eBay. Anyways, I'm about 20 hours in and steadily chopping it up... might be done in a couple more weeks. So, if anyone is tired of weak-sauce selection of 3DS games so far, dust off the ol' DS for one last good jrpg.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.