$9.99 on Amazon

#1 Edited by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

Just wanted to let everyone know that Rage is on a great sale at Amazon for everything except mac (sorry guys). Since June and July are pretty barren I would highly suggest picking it up. It does have a few technical issues but overall it looks beautiful and my experience on the ps3 was just fine. Its a pretty damn good shooter and 10 bucks is a steal for it. Hope some of you duders take advantage of this if you missed out!

#2 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -

This game is amazing, get it.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

Ten bucks is really good for that game.

#4 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Anyone know if the retail box is Steam compatible?

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

In the interest of balance, I thought that Rage was MAD BORING and I stopped after about an hour. It's like Borderlands minus the fun.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3587 posts) -

Rage was... ok. Simple as that. For $10 its totally worth a look.

#7 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -
#8 Posted by ManMadeGod (1567 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought it.

#9 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -

While browsing Amazon I saw that Singularity is up there for three bucks now. I just laughed. Poor guys.

#10 Posted by SmilingPig (1339 posts) -

10$ for rage is still 11$ to mutch.

#11 Posted by wemibelec90 (1700 posts) -

Wasn't going to buy this because I'd rather have it on Steam but if it activates there, I'll go pick it up right now. $10 sounds just right for that game.

#12 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -
@Subjugation said:

While browsing Amazon I saw that Singularity is up there for three bucks now. I just laughed. Poor guys.

That too is a great game and for 3 bucks, holy shit.
#13 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

It's a great day to be alive.

#14 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@nintendoeats said:

In the interest of balance, I thought that Rage was MAD BORING and I stopped after about an hour. It's like Borderlands minus the fun.

It's nothing like Borderlands but for the setting, though you'd know that if you had played it for any significant length of time.

I found Borderlands pretty boring but I trudged on through about 12 hours of that game just to be sure.

The setting and the missions structure and the open world. The shooting mechanics are a bit more fluid I'll grant you, but they aren't especially fun to use.

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12533 posts) -

I picked up a copy for $10 recently and my initial impression is that it's worth that amount. I don't like the driving bits, but the shooting parts are good. Really nothing interesting story wise so far, but I'm pretty new in Wellspring. Unlike Borderlands which I recently replayed, I don't have much urge to push forward. There's no carrot for the stick, if you will. But, at $10 there's enough entertainment to make it worth the expense.

Just make sure you manually save often, because the auto-save is archaically spaced.

#16 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

Thanks for the notice, just bought it along with The Witcher II.

#17 Posted by bybeach (4848 posts) -

10 dollars it is worth it. Great game in the technical sense, with it's most dissapointing flaws amiolated by the fact you didn't pay what, 59.99 for that pc game? Good shooting, almost great racing. For 10 dollars you can enjoy that game and laugh off the rest.

#18 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@rebgav said:

@nintendoeats said:

It's nothing like Borderlands but for the setting, though you'd know that if you had played it for any significant length of time.

I found Borderlands pretty boring but I trudged on through about 12 hours of that game just to be sure.

The setting and the missions structure and the open world. The shooting mechanics are a bit more fluid I'll grant you, but they aren't especially fun to use.

Rage =/= Borderlands. Change your expectations.

And, If you didn't find the wingstick fun as shit and exciting to use, I really don't know what to tell you.

#19 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Same here, I was pretty disappointed

#20 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -

I probably should go back to that game, really did like it's live action feel but it never grabbed me. Probably put in 3 hours the terrible checkpoint system didn't help to be honest.

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -

Definitely worth it. Not quite as good as I was expecting, but still good.

#22 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! I've played a friend's copy and it's a good game, but bogs down in those stupid non-combat towns. Good aside from that.

#23 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@rebgav: I really REALLY didn't enjoy the time that I spent with that game, regardless of it's similarity to anything else.

#24 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Anyone know if the retail box is Steam compatible?

Pretty sure all versions should be, as it's a Bethesda game.

#25 Posted by superfiasco (40 posts) -

I picked this up. I've loved all their past games. Im looking forward to playing this one.

#26 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

Just picked this up on Amazon for $9.99 as well. Sounds like it'll at least be worth the $10.

#27 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

Gamefly is also selling it for 9.99

#28 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

THAT GAME IS SO GOOD. will they ever make a sequel :'(

#29 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -
@thedj93 said:

@Subjugation said:

Ditto.
#30 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

@Subjugation said:

No. That will literally never happen.

#31 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@thedj93 said:

@Subjugation said:

raven said they wanted to make a sequel back in 2010 but seeing the current state of the studio you're probably right

#32 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

@TentPole said:

@thedj93 said:

@Subjugation said:

raven said they wanted to make a sequel back in 2010 but seeing the current state of the studio you're probably right

It makes me sad to see how activision has relegated and diminished a really great developer. Hopefully they let them work on a project of their own soon. Hopefully it is not Call of Duty. I don't have anything against CoD, but i would like to see Raven do something more unique than a military shooter. Something like Singularity 2 which will literally never happen.

#33 Posted by HistoryInRust (6323 posts) -
@TentPole That's Activision's M.O.

I mean, I was a fervent Bizzare Creations fan. And Activision fucking haymakered that studio.
#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

Just picked up a boxed copy- I've never added a boxed game to Steam before, since I only just bought a gaming PC- it's a purchase more of curiosity than wanting to play this game (but I've heard it's really, really pretty, so I'll give it a shot).

#35 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -

@believer258: Thats a steal. I really enjoyed RAGE, I dont get why people thought it was a 'bad' game

#36 Posted by ds8k (413 posts) -

Eh, I'll wait for it to be 5 bucks on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.