Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Buy Rage (PC) now or wait?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I'd wait.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Looks like a great game but broken, how long do you guys think it will take to be fixed?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cataphract1014

Well. I guess the main question is: Are you on an Nvidia card or ATI? ATI cards are having the most problems. Nvidia cards, with tweaking, can make the game look and run great.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By spartanlolz92

yeah i have an ati card it was unplayable it took forever too load textures, freezing, horrible fps and screen tearing

they released new drivers which fixed almost everything except for the screen tearing which is annoying but it doesnt make the game unplayable and the freezing which can get annoying at times but you wont lose any data if it happens since it saves before the load which is where the game crashes. then you have to restart it and should be okay it happens every 2 hours id say.

the really need graphics options and they need to put in vsync

problems aside great game made me nostalgic for the good ol days of fpses. dlc can only make it better and with patches and mods you got a great little game.

though i can say as a first time pc gamer just got my pc a few months ago, i did expect better from id

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Cataphract1014

Well. I guess the main question is: Are you on an Nvidia card or ATI? ATI cards are having the most problems. Nvidia cards, with tweaking, can make the game look and run great.

i have an Nvidia card.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Cataphract1014

i have an Nvidia card.

You should be fine then. Using a 560 TI it's much as Brad described- pop-in only if you whip the camera around or look for it. Otherwise game runs as advertised.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Contro

I'm waiting till next year.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

its pretty much fixed so if you want to play it, now or later is the same shit

also, this page has a lot of useful tips for improving performance (mostly using just command lines in the steam launcher)

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Lazyaza

I've played a couple hours myself and the performance is fine since I updated my drivers and the pop in is still there but nowhere near as bad.  Screen tearing however is still horrendous.  I was thinking of just saying fuck it and trying to ignore the tearing but every now and then when it gets real bad or the pop in is worse than usual it really makes me hate the damn game.

So I'd say wait patiently for a few patches, that's what I'm going to do before I continue playing.  Its a fun shooter indeed, loving the weapons especially but it really has had a god awful launch on pc.    

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Rhaknar

Lazy you can fix the tearing with a simple command line on the steam game options. go to the site i linked above and follow the simple instructions

or you can force it with nvidia control panel or CCC for ATI

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

If you do have problems, check out the steam forums. There are tons of easy fixes and people seem to be having good luck with those.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#13  Edited By psykhophear

Although the texturing thing still lingers, I can still play Rage without any crashes or stutters. With that said, I highly recommend you wait for the patch to arrive so that you can enjoy the game fully.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.