Can I Get a RAGE PC Refund?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iodeath (6 posts) -

I just bought RAGE on disc at Fred Meyer, but they wouldn't take it back because of copyright issues. Can I get a refund on Steam for the disc version?

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3546 posts) -

no

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -
#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Sackmanjones: I can't stop laughing. Good fucking god.
#5 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

yeah. just tell them i said it was ok

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Wait....What?

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

No.

#8 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Why WOULD you be able to?

#9 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: Bwahahaha.

#10 Posted by dragonzord (814 posts) -

@BleedingStarX said:

Why WOULD you be able to?

Probably because it's a buggy piece of shit that barely works.

#11 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

@zoner: ahh well why didn't you say so? I'm sure Steam will return it straight away

#12 Posted by Trauma2007 (23 posts) -

Sorry............I don't believe you can.

#13 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -
#14 Edited by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -
@Trauma2007 said:

Sorry............I don't believe you can.

This has some of the most frighting sounds I have ever heard. My god.
#15 Posted by Xolare (1283 posts) -
#16 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I'll have to ask my manager.

She says no.

#17 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

These bananas I bought are getting bad. Do you think Steam will give me a refund for them?

#18 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

I have toothache. Do you think Steam will give me a refund?

#19 Posted by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

I got some old games for my sega here, I saw that they where on steam too. I wonder if I can get a refund for these because my sega no longer works so I cant play them?

#20 Posted by GalacticPunt (1049 posts) -

I'll actually take a minute to address this seriously. I can see from your post history that you've been having technical difficulties with Rage on PC. As frustrating as that is, basically no retailer will refund your money on an open game or movie. It's far too easy for people to exploit the system, and basically get free rentals by finishing a game, then walking back to the store to say it's defective. What most retailers will do, if you think the disc itself is defective, is to exchange the opened game for another copy of the same title.

Now, if the game just runs horribly on your computer and your drivers, that sucks but no one is on-the-hook to refund your purchase. While it may be fairly unplayable for you at the moment, there are people running Rage on their PC's with no (or few) problems. As the game is patched and/or modded over time, and you get better computer components, the game you have will become progressively more functional. Welcome to the world of PC gaming. It can be a pain in the ass. This is why some people abandoned the platform, and prefer the simplicity of playing on consoles.

As for Steam, c'mon man. Valve didn't develop Rage, Valve didn't sell that retail copy of Rage to you. They never got any of the money you'd like them to credit you.

#21 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

yeah if you show them a gun when you ask for the refund.

#22 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Sure I have no problem with Steam just giving you money.

#23 Posted by MB (12382 posts) -

This question has been answered NUMEROUS times...closing the topic to prevent another 20 people from saying "No" in various clever ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.