How to Fix RAGE on the PC?

#1 Posted by iodeath (6 posts) -

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any way to fix the texture pop-in and FPS issues with RAGE on the PC. I have an ATI graphics card, and I installed the new drivers. The drivers helped a little with my FPS and texture pop-in issue, but they're still relevant, and very annoying. I have a very high-end computer that can run just about any game (HP Pavillion Elite HTE).

Can anyone help? Thank you!

P.S. After a while of playing, the game brought me to the main menu saying that "RAGE has run out of memory". I then went back into the game. All of the textures were screwed up, and everything looked pixelated.

#2 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

This has details on how to fix the texture pop in. Link.

Sorry to hear it's not going well for you. Really good game brought down by the likes of this.

#3 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

Oh geez, I thought they had addressed this by now?

#4 Edited by iodeath (6 posts) -

@Subjugation: No, they haven't. It's still horrible, but the drivers help a little. I also can't take the disc back because of copyright. D:

#5 Posted by iodeath (6 posts) -

@mandude: ... I don't get it. Haha

#6 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I got Rage for free during the Steam giveaway and when I played it there was no texture popping. So they did address it in one way or another. I am on an Nvidia card though.

#7 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@iodeath: Sorry I have failed you then. :( What don't you get?

#8 Posted by iodeath (6 posts) -

@mandude: I don't get the whole config file thing. Is there a video tutorial or something? Or possibly I could contact you or something?

#9 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

@iodeath: I'll streamline it for you, but let me know if you're still having problems.

Open up Notepad, and paste the below code into it.

Name the file rageconfig.cfg

Move the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base

#10 Edited by iodeath (6 posts) -

@mandude: There's no code.

#11 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -
@iodeath: Haha, I guess I'm not allowed to post large chunks of text. Hang on, I'll PM you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.