Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Is it safe to enter?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

So I pre-ordered Rage from Steam, a couple of months ago. On launch day I was too busy with Forza 4 to start playing anything else at that time. And after hearing about all of the performance issues etc. on PC I decided to wait a while before jumping in. My question is pretty simple. Is it safe to enter the world of Rage at this time, or should I wait for further patches and perhaps start playing after the release of Batman and BF3? My machine should have no problems running the game, but I've heard that at this time there is no way to jack-up the graphics in the game.

Are there major patches incoming, or should I just start playing right away?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

As far as I'm aware its fine on PC now, PS3 version is still busted though.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Franstone

Yea you should be fine.

Just make sure you're using the 11.10 preview drivers if you have an AMD/ATI card. (Pretty sure there are new Nvidia drivers too.)

It's been patched on Steam as well.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By isomeri

@Franstone said:

Yea you should be fine.

Just make sure you're using the 11.10 preview drivers if you have an AMD/ATI card. (Pretty sure there are new Nvidia drivers too.)

It's been patched on Steam as well.

I'm running Nvidia, and just downloaded the latest beta-drivers. Probably going to fire it up on Steam later this evening.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Franstone

Since ya pre-ordered don't forget to install the sewer missions and any other extras you might have gotten.

Don't leave the wasteland (next chapter/new city hub after Wellspring) before ya find the secret rooms and goal posts! (And the above mentioned sewers of course.)

Been having a good time w/ Rage.

Enjoy!

anypti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By anypti

Yepp, Rage is running smooth now. Just started my second playthrough, this time on hard. Such a great game.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Samaritan

It's pretty much fixed on PC, but that doesn't mean it's "fixed". The textures are still utter garbage in that game, with heavy, heavy compression visible almost everywhere. I doubt we'll ever see a high-res texture pack from id so might as well jump in now. Still though, it sucks that PC players have to play an inferior version of the game for storage concerns on a platform that revels in having too much storage.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EnchantedEcho

It's still fucked on my computer (2600K, AMD 6950) but, Nvidia card owners have had a much better experience since launch so you should be good.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By AV_Gamer

"EVERY TIME I TRY TO GET OUT! THEY PULL ME BACK IN!" - Don Corleone

No it is NOT safe to enter Rage right now. Yes id released a patch, and yes the latest driving help a little.

However, for most AMD cards, you will STILL go through all kinds of problems which you'll need to add a personal fix to get good FPS. Even after that, you'll see a crappy visual experience like someone else mentioned. If you play this game, do so on a console or with an Nvidia card.

And it's NOT a great game, no matter what difficulty you play it on.

anypti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anypti

Solution, stop buying ATI! and btw it's a WONDERFUL game.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By isomeri

@Franstone said:

Since ya pre-ordered don't forget to install the sewer missions and any other extras you might have gotten.

Don't leave the wasteland (next chapter/new city hub after Wellspring) before ya find the secret rooms and goal posts! (And the above mentioned sewers of course.)

Been having a good time w/ Rage.

Enjoy!

What do I need to do in order to access said DLC? Steam's telling me that I do have the sewer missions and other extras, but do I need to install them somehow?

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Franstone

You should have received key codes for whatever bonus content that is provided with the pre-order. (I'm not sure how Steam would do it in this instance, email maybe, I purchased mine retail.)

Once you locate the codes you need to select Games from the Steam menu, then choose "Activate a Product on Steam."

Enter your code(s) and they will start to download.

anypti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By anypti

Right click on Rage in your steam games library, and you should see something like "View game CD key"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.