Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Legends of the Wasteland is superb

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

I' m about 3 hours into the campaign, and I've been having a good time.  Fun combat, and interesting side things to keep me busy.

But then I booted up the co-op disc with my buddy and hot damn... I can't believe how intense it is (on nightmare, anyway).  Pretty much every battle requires constant communication, with some of the smartest AI I've encountered since Fear.  It obviously doesn't run as smoothly, but between the constant gunfire and couch swearing, I quickly stopped caring.  What I thought was an afterthought became an incredibly engaging part of the experience, with some cool little story added in to flesh out the world.

I'm kind of curious if the campaign gets this crazy later on, but for now I'm just crossing my fingers for more co-op via DLC.  Anyone else a huge fan of this?

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Edwardryu

yeah, there will be more DLC not only for MP but also SP. DLC is all counted for both. by the way, I just finished it by myself. no co-op. solo play. I was fine.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

Supoib.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By metalmoog

@Edwardryu said:

yeah, there will be more DLC not only for MP but also SP. DLC is all counted for both. by the way, I just finished it by myself. no co-op. solo play. I was fine.

Any info on the DLC? What it is, when it's coming etc.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316
    @MetalMoog said:

@Edwardryu said:

Any info on the DLC? What it is, when it's coming etc.

All I heard was that it will be based on player feedback.  So I guess this topic is my part in all this?
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Edwardryu

@MetalMoog: well, it's ID software. they actually care about customers like us. so DLC will be coming out sooner than we think. I am about 85% positive.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

Didn't they say they'll add a standard death-match mode if most players wanted that?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JP_Russell

I find Legends to be pretty weak on the whole. The scenarios range from pretty decent to pretty bad, with there being only 3, maybe 4 that I don't actively want to not play again. The time limited ones are especially unenjoyable to me as I don't think being rushed to accomplish an objective is a fun way to play this game. And the gameplay is so straightforward and the environments so small and tight that there's not much dynamism to any of it, so playing through even the scenarios I did like again doesn't have much appeal.

I don't really care for how item pickups are handled, either. Rationing out who gets what is not very fun in this game to me. It always feels more like you're choosing who isn't getting short-changed, as opposed to who is getting specialized equipment or better ammo to use.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hbkdx12

I only liked 2 things about it.

1) They're seperated into pretty manageable bite size pieces so that you can get a quick co-op fix which is nice.
    2) They all have some kind of backstory that ties into and helps flesh out the world. 

Other than that, i wouldn't say there's much special about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.