Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

non-transferable vehicle upgrades?

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I guess it was silly to assume that upgrades that I bought for my first buggy would be able to be used for my second car as well. I tried to put all of my stats back to normal expecting that I could use my already purchased guns and engine upgrades on my new car, but I was wrong. Am I missing something? Otherwise I am a little annoyed. Still really enjoying this game in every other way so far.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @GristleMcThornbody said:

So I guess it was silly to assume that upgrades that I bought for my first buggy would be able to be used for my second car as well. I tried to put all of my stats back to normal expecting that I could use my already purchased guns and engine upgrades on my new car, but I was wrong. Am I missing something? Otherwise I am a little annoyed. Still really enjoying this game in every other way so far.

They said in the quicklook to not waste points on your first buggy. So I do not think they transfer at all. 
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blast, should have watched more of the quicklook; was trying to keep things fresh.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @GristleMcThornbody said:

Blast, should have watched more of the quicklook; was trying to keep things fresh.

They even said you should wait till your third buggy. 
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know, thanks.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By DJJoeJoe

upgrade points aren't hard to get, also you need to use all the vehicles for various races... it's not just that you get a better one and you use that for everything, each has required vehicles you need to use. The upgrades transfer between the first 2 vehicles you get if you pre-ordered though, which is sorta nice. Don't worry about running out of points or not having enough fast enough, do the races and also you get tons from killing bandits, especially in the second wasteland... I had large excess of points right after I got the third vehicle even though I'd bought everything for the previous cars (not the tires, only got the best option tires that have both spikes and performance etc.. no need to buy them separate)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.