Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Online pass cuts off SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT!

• 93 results
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DrLove

Thats crazy for used games... 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6328508.html?tag=newsticker%3Bheadline%3B1

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DrLove

mods please lock this and keep the other one open..

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Remember, used games are the worst thing to ever happen to the game industry, and anyone who buys one should be ashamed of themselves.  If you think differently, you're probably a pirate!

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SlashDance

That's still bullshit.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By emergency

I'm glad that they are actually giving me a reason to buy this game new. Beforehand there literally was none and I was waiting for it to drop to like £15 used now I might buy it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

lol

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By iamjohn

Hahahahahaha, fuck you id.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vexed

But I want to play the whole game and not pay them a dime for it!  How dare they!

Seriously guys?  Still complaining about this?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunar_Aura

rage quit

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

THIS MAKES ME RAAAAAGGGEEE

p.s. Not really.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gargantuan

I very rarely buy used games but this is bullshit.

I'll wait for a Steam sale. Won't buy it until it costs about 15 euro.

Soffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Soffish

Great! Now I won't feel any guilt when I don't buy Rage.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RE_Player1

Cool. Buying it new so I don't give a shit. One step closer to every game coming with a serial key which I would love.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beforet

Well, this is what we get for tolerating such nonsense.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jjnen
    @RE_Player92: Why?
    rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By rockinkemosabe

@LunarAura: /thread

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iamjohn

@Vexed said:

But I want to play the whole game and not pay them a dime for it! How dare they! Seriously guys? Still complaining about this?

Funny how every other entertainment media has been able to deal with the used market, but somehow with games, anyone who buys used has become a terrorist taking money out of the poor developers' mouths.

@Rappelsiini said:

@RE_Player92: Why?

I would assume he wants to be able to install his console games without needing the disc to run them.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RE_Player1

@Rappelsiini: Personally I hate used games and the used game market. I don't sell or lend my games out so it wouldn't bother me whatsoever. Obviously people won't agree with me, nor should they if they enjoy getting used games for example, but personally I like the whole online pass system.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iDarktread

Seeing as how I'm going to get RAGE on PC, this particular news doesn't really affect me.  

Unfortunately, since I buy 80-90% of my non-PC games used, it looks like I'm going to have to start limiting myself to one or two "new, no-content-restricted" games per year. 

Also:

@Beforet said:

Well, this is what we get for tolerating such nonsense.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Lnin0
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Remember, used games are the worst thing to ever happen to the game industry, and anyone who buys one should be ashamed of themselves.  If you think differently, you're probably a pirate!
    If you are not ashamed of buying used games you are a pirate? 

Does it make me a car thief if I buy or sell a used car? Did Ford not invest millions in R&D and labor to build and distribute that car to me and is my selling it used 'stealing' a possible sale from Ford?

Or am I  just someone who doesn't have the disposable income to bet $60 on an item that often comes sight unseen and always unrefundable no matter how broken, bugged or bad it might be.  

If you want to stop me from selling used game then break them up in small downloadable episodes. I'll give you $15 to try your game and if I like it I will buy a whole bunch more $15 chunks. And if I don't like it you won't make anymore money off me. I guess most publishers don't have the balls to put their money where their mouths are. They want everything and offer nothing in return.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gabriel

Just wait until we have to pay $5.00 to unlock the double barrel shotgun.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iamjohn

@Lnin0: I think you need to get better at reading sarcasm.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Lnin0 said:
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    If you are not ashamed of buying used games you are a pirate?   Does it make me a car thief if I buy or sell a used car? Did Ford not invest millions in R&D and labor to build and distribute that car to me and is my selling it used 'stealing' a possible sale from Ford? Or am I  just someone who doesn't have the disposable income to bet $60 on an item that often comes sight unseen and always unrefundable no matter how broken, bugged or bad it might be.    If you want to stop me from selling used game then break them up in small downloadable episodes. I'll give you $15 to try your game and if I like it I will buy a whole bunch more $15 chunks. And if I don't like it you won't make anymore money off me. I guess most publishers don't have the balls to put their money where their mouths are. They want everything and offer nothing in return.
    I think you missed the sarcasm.  I agree that all of these online passes are idiotic.  If they were that worried about making money off of these games, even when sold used, then they should make some awesome, compelling downloadable content for said game, to encourage even secondhand owners to put money towards the product.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vinny_Says

Hold the fuck up....so people who don't connect their xbox to the internet (Yeah they exist...)  will not be able to access certain areas? 

Seems a bit unfair, they also paid 60 dollars.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By Marz
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    Hold the fuck up....so people who don't connect their xbox to the internet (Yeah they exist...)  will not be able to access certain areas?     Seems a bit unfair, they also paid 60 dollars.
    To access the areas you need to download the content, it's basically DLC that's free when you buy the game but not integral to the single player game.  Rage isn't the first game to do this.
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vexed
    @iAmJohn said:

@Vexed said:

But I want to play the whole game and not pay them a dime for it! How dare they! Seriously guys? Still complaining about this?

Funny how every other entertainment media has been able to deal with the used market, but somehow with games, anyone who buys used has become a terrorist taking money out of the poor developers' mouths.

Wow.  Not sure why you quoted me before making that  statement, but I'm not the White Knight of Online Pass.  I own several used games, and I rent tons more.  I'm just sayin locking out some content to people who gave them $0.00 for their work aint that fuckin big of a deal.  I plan on renting Rage and not giving a shit about the sewers.

Unless you're on my side, I honestly can't tell.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By imsh_pl

Great, give people yet another reason to pirate the game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iamjohn

@Vexed: Because the idea of continuing to defend them locking out content to people who are rightfully purchasing the game, whether or not is used, baffles me as much as the idea of going "Still complaining about this?" as if it has somehow stopped being anti-consumer and an overall shitty thing to do that no other entertainment media does? Not sure why you decided to ignore that key part of my argument before making that inane statement.

JoxxOr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoxxOr

I always buy games "new" so i dont really care. However i would rather want developers using a more agressive stance against retailers, trying to punish them and also helping others that dont sell used games but i guess this will have to suffice

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Rhaknar

i find it hilarious how this is posted, when i first saw it, on gaf, it was in a completely opposite way, something like "Rage to offer release day content"... different ways of seeing it i guess.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alternate

It is stupid to punish consumers for buying used games.  If it really is such a loss of revenue to the industry they should sack up and refuse to supply any retailer who deals in used games.  If a big publisher like Activision or EA refused to supply Gamestop they would have to make a choice and decide if they are in the new or used business.  The publishers and developers like to claim used sales has some kind of parity with piracy - yet if a retailer was also offering counterfeit discs for sale or modding consoles you can be sure they would cancel contracts immediately.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vexed
    @iAmJohn: We can argue on how shitty or not of a thing to do it is, but I'm not defending it.  As a frequent renter I would much rather it didn't exist, I just think people overreact to it.  Your point about other media is not entirely true, rental copies of DVDs have 'bonus features' removed.  Regardless, people who can construct an intelligent argument like yourself on GB are rare enough that I don't need one to think I'm an asshole (you probably already do) so let's not continue this spat.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alternate
    @Rhaknar said:
    i find it hilarious how this is posted, when i first saw it, on gaf, it was in a completely opposite way, something like "Rage to offer release day content"... different ways of seeing it i guess.
    Stockholm syndrome?  or more bluntly, if you keep getting fucked in the ass you eventually come to expect it and try to make the best of the situation.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alternate said:
      The publishers and developers like to claim used sales has some kind of parity with piracy.
    It does to the publishers/developers, though.  Whether someone pirates a game or buys it used, the developer/publisher doesn't see a dime, it's just that buying and selling a used game isn't a crime.
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DrLove
    @Simmse said:

Did anyone actually read the article, it's basically just some random side missions you can't do. The BS topic title trying to make it look worse than it is laughable. It's no worse than get a free case if you preorder L.A. Noire or w/e.

What is the purpose of holding back any content for a single player game?  How is that necessary?  Getting something free for a per order is a great idea to get people to buy games new.  Holding back content that is already there unless you buy it new is not...
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm

Good.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @alternate said:
    @Rhaknar said:
    Stockholm syndrome?  or more bluntly, if you keep getting fucked in the ass you eventually come to expect it and try to make the best of the situation.
    hahahaha. 
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TotalEklypse

So let id do as they please. They just killed a lot of sales from people who were on the fence about getting the game. I mean honestly id hasn't been relevant in many years. So who cares if they flop. 

Not I.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By RIDEBIRD

It's completely rational since used games is as big of a problem as piracy to the industry. Used game or pirated copy = no money for the publisher and developer. PC gamers have been dealing with bullshit DRM for years because we're all crooks apparently, but the whole industry of used games, where a retailer seriously promotes fucking over publishers and taking all the cash, has been let go for some reason. That to me is weird. Of course it's a complete lie to say you like always on DRM because games will be updated, herp derp, but whatever, I don't mind devs wanting control over their product and protecting dat monay.

This is just going to get more and more common, until we finally hit that breaking point were everything is digital only. I hope it's soon (5 years, come on America, build better Internets, we're waiting), since it should drive down prices a little bit (maybe not) and ensure money goes in the right hands, as well as make piracy harder, ensuring that the industry grows and that we get better games. Hopefully at that point we can also be free from all of this pre-order bullshit from 14 different retailers, and get a complete game, straight from the publisher, or even better, the developer.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By emem

I don't see where that's a bad thing. If people want to pay less money they have to wait a little longer, I think that's alright.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By matoya

That's fucking garbage, such an insult. For people who can't afford to buy games new, that's so insulting.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ch13696
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Wow, then I must be a pirate. Used games have been around since games first came out. I suggest you deal with it. So, excuse me for trying to find games along the lines of my budget. 
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @ch13696 said:
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Wow, then I must be a pirate. Used games have been around since games first came out. I suggest you deal with it. So, excuse me for trying to find games along the lines of my budget. 
    Sarcasm!  Learn it!
    DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrLove
    @emem: i think any online pass type service should effect only the online portion of the game.. not single player parts that are on the disc but you are locked out of unless u get a code.   maybe that just me..
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ch13696
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    @ch13696 said:
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Sarcasm!  Learn it!
    Learn that the internet is not the best place to use sarcasm. Unless you specify that it's sarcasm.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @ch13696 said:
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    @ch13696 said:
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Sarcasm!  Learn it!
    Learn that the internet is not the best place to use sarcasm. Unless you specify that it's sarcasm.
    It seemed pretty obvious.  Next time I'll have to ramp up the hyperbole even further!
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Marz said:
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    Hold the fuck up....so people who don't connect their xbox to the internet (Yeah they exist...)  will not be able to access certain areas?     Seems a bit unfair, they also paid 60 dollars.
    To access the areas you need to download the content, it's basically DLC that's free when you buy the game but not integral to the single player game.  Rage isn't the first game to do this.
    I have been gravely mislead. Bulletstorm did this as well....I don't see the point of the article then.
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By Cincaid

@blacklabeldomm said:

@Marz said:
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    Hold the fuck up....so people who don't connect their xbox to the internet (Yeah they exist...) will not be able to access certain areas? Seems a bit unfair, they also paid 60 dollars.
    To access the areas you need to download the content, it's basically DLC that's free when you buy the game but not integral to the single player game. Rage isn't the first game to do this.
    I have been gravely mislead. Bulletstorm did this as well....I don't see the point of the article then.

Yet another attempt to get people on the Interwebs to grab their torches and pitchforks for yet another mindless witch hunt. Drama brings page views!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.