OP items?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

So I got the Anarchy edition but all the stuff I am getting (the suit, double barreled shotgun etc) feel overpowered and make the player have an unfair advatage. I'm not sure if I should use them or not.

What do you guys do if you get powerful items you get for pre-ordering if they are either - A) only available by DLC or B) Only obtainable late in the game with pre-order.

#2 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

While the suit is a tad bit OP, I completely disagree about the double barrel shotgun. I used it a tad bit in the beginning of the game and never used it again once I got the regular shotgun and the assault rifle.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11020 posts) -

If the stuff makes it too easy, then just don't use it. Hold onto it until later in the game when (I assume, I haven't actually played my copy yet (because college)) it gets harder. Or turn up the difficulty. John Goodman would play it on hard.

#4 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Isn't the armor completely cosmetic? The armor values are the same for every suit?

The weapons quickly become useless and are really only useful at the beginning of the game.

#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

RAGE is so easy anyway though, even on Brutal. Like, it really shouldn't have health-regen, should have just been the bandages.

#6 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@DougQuaid said:

Isn't the armor completely cosmetic? The armor values are the same for every suit?

The weapons quickly become useless and are really only useful at the beginning of the game.

Nope, the armor gives you different bonuses.

#7 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba:

I never use those items I get in a pre order. That's why I always look for bonuses that give me extra side missions, or a graphic novel, etc. Those are great!

However, I think most games have been painstakingly set at a certain difficulty and if you use these power ups and bad ass guns, you are kinda ruining the experience.

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Tempted to use the armor, sorta feels like cheating though.

I'm currently playing on normal, should I start again on hard?

#9 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I haven't used the anarchy items, but the game still seems a bit too easy. I'd love a mod that switches off regenerating health. There's pretty much no point in the bandages.

#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@mandude said:

I haven't used the anarchy items, but the game still seems a bit too easy. I'd love a mod that switches off regenerating health. There's pretty much no point in the bandages.

So which suit did you pick?

#11 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: When I saw that the fourth suit did everything, I just assumed it did everything, but worse. I didn't know it was an anarchy item until my friend told me. :( I picked the second one, whatever that did...

#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike said:

While the suit is a tad bit OP, I completely disagree about the double barrel shotgun. I used it a tad bit in the beginning of the game and never used it again once I got the regular shotgun and the assault rifle.

Is the regular shotgun better than the combat one?

#13 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@maskedarcstrike said:

The "Combat" Shotgun is the "Regular" Shotgun. The Combat Shotgun is easily the weapon I used the most throughout the game.

#14 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@cstrang said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@maskedarcstrike said:

The "Combat" Shotgun is the "Regular" Shotgun. The Combat Shotgun is easily the weapon I used the most throughout the game.

Woops, I mean the double barrel one.

Is the regular one better than the double barrel one?

#15 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: Easily way better. More ammo capacity, longer range, packs a similar punch.

#16 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

It's not a matter of one being simply "better" than the other. The double-barreled shotgun is capable of one-shotting enemies that the regular shotgun can't, at the cost of being much less versatile and utilitarian. Use whichever is best for the situation.

Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of playing on the PC where I have access to all weapons at all times with hotkeys and can ignore the silly slotted weapon mechanic. On consoles, it probably wouldn't be worth keeping in a slot over any other weapon at any time, so I can see it going effectively unused there. That's a shame. I really don't think I could play this game with only 4 weapons immediately accessible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.