Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

RAGE

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By matthias2437

It has been a week since RAGE was released, and since then RAGE has been torn apart by many people. Some of the main issues people are having across all platforms are texture pop-in, and some low rez textures on irrelevant/distant objects. Now I don't understand this, why do people act like this is the first time it has happened? Does no one remember Borderlands? Across all platforms that game had horrible texture pop-in and tons of low rez textures, not only that but it also got very laggy in a lot of situations on console. But even with all of those problems it was a great game and people ignored it, now granted it is better then RAGE. But no one seems to think about that as they call out how bad RAGE is because of those things. They also seem to forget that after those textures pop-in, the game never drops bellow a silky smooth 60 fps, and it is one of the best looking console games made.

Now there are also some bad to go along with the good. Apparently ID doesn't own a PC with AMD graphics in it. That was a huge fault on their part, and the people that experienced the issues with AMD drivers have good reason to be a bit aggravated. Because there is a big difference between texture pop-in and low rez texture, and not being able to play the game. I also know that people have more issues I have not experienced that are probably equally as aggravating, but as I said I have not had to deal with them so I can not really judge on those issues.

All of this was caused from people having far to high of expectations. If everyone would of been expecting the game to be good, which is what it is, then it probably would have gotten a better reception. I think it is a little ridiculous for people to not openly bash a game for some relatively small issues (exception if you have an AMD gfx card) because they were expecting it to be something that it wasn't, which was apparently the Jesus Christ of video games.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By matthias2437

It has been a week since RAGE was released, and since then RAGE has been torn apart by many people. Some of the main issues people are having across all platforms are texture pop-in, and some low rez textures on irrelevant/distant objects. Now I don't understand this, why do people act like this is the first time it has happened? Does no one remember Borderlands? Across all platforms that game had horrible texture pop-in and tons of low rez textures, not only that but it also got very laggy in a lot of situations on console. But even with all of those problems it was a great game and people ignored it, now granted it is better then RAGE. But no one seems to think about that as they call out how bad RAGE is because of those things. They also seem to forget that after those textures pop-in, the game never drops bellow a silky smooth 60 fps, and it is one of the best looking console games made.

Now there are also some bad to go along with the good. Apparently ID doesn't own a PC with AMD graphics in it. That was a huge fault on their part, and the people that experienced the issues with AMD drivers have good reason to be a bit aggravated. Because there is a big difference between texture pop-in and low rez texture, and not being able to play the game. I also know that people have more issues I have not experienced that are probably equally as aggravating, but as I said I have not had to deal with them so I can not really judge on those issues.

All of this was caused from people having far to high of expectations. If everyone would of been expecting the game to be good, which is what it is, then it probably would have gotten a better reception. I think it is a little ridiculous for people to not openly bash a game for some relatively small issues (exception if you have an AMD gfx card) because they were expecting it to be something that it wasn't, which was apparently the Jesus Christ of video games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.