Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Rage and Brink -- parallel stories?

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have noticed this, but the stories for both Rage and Brink, even though they take place in drastically different settings, seem really similar.  The most striking parallel is the "ark." In Rage, arks are underground shelters for the world's most capable people, while in Brink, the ark is a city in space that acts as a refuge from  troubled planet Earth. 

Then there's the whole "the fate of the world is in your hands" thing. In Rage, you scout through the desert and wipe out tribes who have seemingly taken over Earth while you search for the other arks. In Brink, you're responsible for the future of humanity as unrest has been brought among the refugees on the ark  (well, that's the gist of what I got from Paul Wedgwood's Bethesda blog).

This isn't particularly surprising since both games are being developed under the same parent company (except that Splash Damage doesn't belong to ZeniMax, though Bethesda is working in partnership with them on Brink). But I still find it kind of... odd. Is this intentional? Have I missed something?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DystopiaX

no, it's just that post-apoc games are ridiculously popular nowadays, "ark" is a biblical reference that both games drew upon, and the fact that they share publishers is coincidental.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.