Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Rage ending - spoiler free

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By corruptsaves

What a disappointing ending to a game a was quite enjoying. I was trying to get all the collectibles but then got stuck in the last place with no way out. Played it on hard which feels like the new medium these days. Was going to attempt nightmare but I'm feeling more inclined to trade it in now.. I started a new save and I think it deleted my old one!

Wonder how Rage 2 will shape up.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Eh, it was fun. I, personally, beat it twice - once on the normal (read: EASY) difficulty, and once on the Nightmare (read: NOT QUITE AS EASY) difficulty. The second time is when I searched around for all of the collectibles. I also won all the races and beat the co-op and multiplayer, making RAGE my first and only S Rank. The ending was, indeed, crap, but people weren't hopping into that game for story so it didn't matter. Disappointing, though, because it could have been much more interesting. I beat it a day after Skyrim came out, so of course I immediately traded it in and got that, which led me to think something along these lines:

@buckybit said:

Let's see if my wet-fantasy becomes true: id software tech having sex with Bethesda's RPG game and storytelling skills. Yes, both game studios will keep their adventures separate, but they will feed from each other and improve overall.

Yes, a Bethesda game which runs as smoothly as Rage and has all the depth of Morrowind (only with a better map and proper combat) would be incredible.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By avidwriter

Yea the ending was unexpected for me. I was fighting then it was over. "Wait, what?" Was my reaction. It had its moments though, I'd definitely play through it again.

Oh yea! Fallout 4 using the Rage engine, that is going to be pants-blasting orgasmic.

Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercer

Ending was very disappointing, but yeah obviously not the game's strong point.

When you press the button and the end plays, then the credits roll, I really yelled "WHAT THE FUCK!" lol

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By cozmicaztaway

@Mercer said:

Ending was very disappointing, but yeah obviously not the game's strong point.

When you press the button and the end plays, then the credits roll, I really yelled "WHAT THE FUCK!" lol

I did something similar at around 15:00 or so on a weekend. Usually, you finish a game and feel all good and spend the rest of the day doing something else, but Rage just left me going "well.. now what?"

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Tarsier

the ending just made me LOL

i almost cant believe it. its like they just literally ran out of disc space and said 'woops' i guess we dont have to make a climax or ending. ship it!

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

I couldn't even make it to the ending-- that game was too big for its own good. If it had ditched the open world for a tighter more focused campaign it would have been much more enjoyable.

I just ended up getting bored a few hours in after being told by yet another npc to travel to this part of the map, kill guys, go back and turn in the quest. Without a strong story, interesting characters or world, that game became a total bore.

The combat was great, there was just too much filler in between all of it to keep me playing.

Anyway, what happened in the end? That game is a year old at this point so it should be open for discussion.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By living4theday258

@RockyRaccoon37 said:

I couldn't even make it to the ending-- that game was too big for its own good. If it had ditched the open world for a tighter more focused campaign it would have been much more enjoyable. I just ended up getting bored a few hours in after being told by yet another npc to travel to this part of the map, kill guys, go back and turn in the quest. Without a strong story, interesting characters or world, that game became a total bore. The combat was great, there was just too much filler in between all of it to keep me playing. Anyway, what happened in the end? That game is a year old at this point so it should be open for discussion.

this is pretty much what happened with me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I haven't beat it yet but I've heard over and over again how disappointing the ending is. Too bad it's such a consensus. From what I've played I feel this is a somewhat underrated game.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I hate that you get a new and final weapon and then 5 minutes later games over

Honestly. the whole second part of the game starting when you get to Subwaytown feels unfinished, like they had ideas but had to wrap the game up which is weird considering how long it took

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Scotto

I enjoyed the process of playing RAGE - the combat was satisfying, and once you set it up right, it was gorgeous on PC. But there is no doubt that the end of the game is dogshit. Definitely feels like they ran out of time in development, and just sort of cut the story off. Which is weird, because I don't recall the game feeling all that long.

Never understood the RAGE haters, but I absolutely understand the RAGE story ending haters. You'll soon see for yourself.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

Eh, it was fun. I, personally, beat it twice - once on the normal (read: EASY) difficulty, and once on the Nightmare (read: NOT QUITE AS EASY) difficulty. The second time is when I searched around for all of the collectibles. I also won all the races and beat the co-op and multiplayer, making RAGE my first and only S Rank. The ending was, indeed, crap, but people weren't hopping into that game for story so it didn't matter. Disappointing, though, because it could have been much more interesting. I beat it a day after Skyrim came out, so of course I immediately traded it in and got that, which led me to think something along these lines:

@buckybit said:

Let's see if my wet-fantasy becomes true: id software tech having sex with Bethesda's RPG game and storytelling skills. Yes, both game studios will keep their adventures separate, but they will feed from each other and improve overall.

Yes, a Bethesda game which runs as smoothly as Rage and has all the depth of Morrowind (only with a better map and proper combat) would be incredible.

Hello, me!

I got to try Rage again a few months ago and, while I still think it's a good game, it does almost nothing with its world. It starts off with a really refreshing and different aesthetic and place but never goes anywhere with it. It boils down to NPC's saying "Hey, player character, I need shit done and you're the best and cheapest motherfucker around!" Which would be fine if the context around that was better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.