Rage now available for preload on Steam.

#1 Posted by kishinfoulux (2282 posts) -

Close to half way done for me. ^_^

#2 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3203 posts) -

People's routers will never be the same...

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3 said:

People's routers will never be the same...

Rage is going to mutilate them on the way to computers.
#4 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

Not hearing much buzz on the game, kinda sad seeing that a company that basically invented the first person shooter is not that relevant anymore.   Hopefully this game is decent and gets good reviews, id needs to get back in the spotlight.

#5 Posted by kishinfoulux (2282 posts) -

@Marz said:

Not hearing much buzz on the game, kinda sad seeing that a company that basically invented the first person shooter is not that relevant anymore. Hopefully this game is decent and gets good reviews, id needs to get back in the spotlight.

Dark Souls releases the same day, as well as Crysis for consoles. But mostly Dark Souls stealing it's thunder. Odd thing is it's been getting nothing but good previews too.

#6 Posted by Avangelon (34 posts) -

To rage or not to rage.... ugh, so torn.

#7 Posted by Besetment (481 posts) -

Define "available."

#8 Posted by Zidd (1841 posts) -

@Besetment said:

Define "available."

You push the button and it says "try again later".

#9 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

@Marz said:

Not hearing much buzz on the game, kinda sad seeing that a company that basically invented the first person shooter is not that relevant anymore. Hopefully this game is decent and gets good reviews, id needs to get back in the spotlight.

Dark Souls releases the same day, as well as Crysis for consoles. But mostly Dark Souls stealing it's thunder. Odd thing is it's been getting nothing but good previews too.

I can guarantee that Dark Souls isn't 'stealing its thunder'. I know a lot of people who are looking forward to RAGE, but haven't even heard of Dark Souls.

#10 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I pre-ordered from Amazon (I still kinda like getting boxed copies from time to time). Wonder if it will come with 1 disk for installer then I will have to download the rest online or if it will just come with like 3 disc.

#11 Edited by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

fucking server is reach full. I pressed preload button two hours ago. it's still doing nothing but seems to freeze. suck my ball, steam.

#12 Posted by chrissedoff (2082 posts) -

it's messed up that they're charging 60 bucks for it

#13 Posted by SSully (4162 posts) -

I am between getting this, or spending 30 bucks on the Witcher 2. I just beat Deus Ex and am looking for another singleplayer game to play until skyrim comes out.

#14 Posted by kishinfoulux (2282 posts) -

@Edwardryu said:

fucking server is reach full. I pressed preload button two hours ago. it's still doing nothing but seems to freeze. suck my ball, steam.

I got mine completed. Would restarting Steam help?

@SSully said:

I am between getting this, or spending 30 bucks on the Witcher 2. I just beat Deus Ex and am looking for another singleplayer game to play until skyrim comes out.

Can't go wrong with either game. Witcher 2 was definitely a favorite of mine this year.

#15 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

this is outrageous. it's been almost 24 hours. many people get the same message including me. something is really wrong. because few of you successfully finished download, it doesn't mean that Steam servers are fine. go to steam Rage forum to see what people get angry. you are 1% of guy who finished it.

#16 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -
@Edwardryu: Don't you mean, outRAGEous?
#17 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

@Marz said:

for me its just another shooter with driver elements and some minor rpg elements and I have not seen any marketing to say it should be anything different. If it is a good shooter I might buy it at a sale, but otherwise nothing of the little I have seen so far makes me want to play this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.