Rage Release Pushed Back To October 4

• 96 results
#51 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

This is purely a marketing related movement, I have to assume.

#52 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Sinful said:
raaaaaaaaaaage
#53 Posted by DevilishSix (102 posts) -

Pushing back to October 4 is a disaster in waiting for Rage.  Same Day as Twisted MEtal and Darkness 2, a week before Dark Souls, two weeks before Batman, and three weeks before BF3.  Then November brings the beasts that will be Skyrim and MW3. Who thought that it was a good idea to move to October should be fired.  If they are worried about Gears 3 then then push the launch up to August 30th or August 23rd.   

John Carmack in an interview at E3 said Rage is done and they are polishing the game.  If thats the case it could and should be released the end of August, thats plenty of polish time.  They should look at October and reconsider that timeframe, because it could flop in sales if they stick to October. Just my thoughts.
#54 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

THE MONTH OF BATMEN!

Moderator Online
#55 Posted by JetForceGemini (174 posts) -

Maybe they should get Gearbox to finish it for them?

#56 Posted by CarRacer (16 posts) -

Is this game ever coming out?

#57 Posted by Maclintok (177 posts) -

A strategic delay? Oh well.  I have this on pre-order to be delivered.  On the upside, I didn't know Future Soldier was coming out Sept. 20 and that game looks fantastic.  I'll just pick that up first. Plenty of gaming goodness to go around this Q4.

#58 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

I was going to get it day 1... Probably not anymore.

#59 Posted by infestedandy (266 posts) -
@DevilishSix: I think you're process of thinking is excellent. Of course, we don't know their true business designs, but I agree and feel that moving the game closer and closer to all these other release dates is an atrocious idea.

I want to be excited about the new Twisted Metal but I can't. Black was the pinnacle of the series and this game is completely ditching that style of narrative. It also doesn't help that we can play games like Territories and CTF in every other game, why bring it to Twisted Metal? I also don't need Sweetimus Prime in my game (especially if everyone else can fly around too).
#60 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

But guys, now they have to compete with the powerhouse that is Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

#61 Posted by chunk1632 (2 posts) -

Looks fuckin' awesome, one month ain't no thang.

#62 Posted by Deusoma (3010 posts) -

Honestly, this always struck me as Fallout 3 without the RPG elements, so the only reason I wanted Rage to come out was that once it was done, id could really focus on Doom IV, which I'm actually interested in.

#63 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

No problem waiting 3 extra weeks for what looks to be a stellar title from the kings of fps.

#64 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -

They just need to perfect the Rocket launcher, I'm willing to wait.

#65 Posted by MadLaughter (201 posts) -

Not a fan of the last paragraph. 

#66 Posted by EpochError (75 posts) -

" Just take the extra time to let your anger and frustration seethe! When your anger blooms into full-blown Rage, you'll be in the perfect mindset to play id's new game." 

#67 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

Sorry Rage I was hoping to get into the meat of this before Dark Souls arrived, but now it'll have to take a back seat til god knows when I'm tired of Dark Souls..which may be awhile.

#68 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Great sub-heading Kessler.

#69 Posted by BokChoii (10 posts) -

Cant Wait

#70 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2103 posts) -

i feel like there's a game coming out everyday in october/november :/

#71 Posted by MforMaverick (119 posts) -

I trust id software and I was going to buy it regardless of being originally planned for the week before Gears 3, but the move does make sense. 

#72 Posted by Palaeomerus (355 posts) -

One month may not be the most significant delay this title has had so far, but so what? Guess what? DELAYS ARE CUMULATIVE. They add up. 

#73 Posted by SpiderX20 (29 posts) -
@zungerman090
#74 Posted by pingolobo (96 posts) -

The postapocaliptic tale HAD to be delayed.  Remember that the RAPTURE did not happen on May and I think it was pushed to October.  It makes sense for RAGE to wait.  

I joke, of course.
#75 Posted by klimdeeni (141 posts) -

I am disappoint... they're shrinking my window between Rage and Skyrim.
#76 Posted by circle_of_iron (37 posts) -

Bummer :/

#77 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Will already be picking up Dark Souls and Twisted Metal, sorry Rage.

#78 Posted by sofakingcool (355 posts) -

That seems like a bad move. Rage is going to get swallowed up by other games in October.

#79 Posted by DevilishSix (102 posts) -
@infestedandy said:

@DevilishSix: I think you're process of thinking is excellent. Of course, we don't know their true business designs, but I agree and feel that moving the game closer and closer to all these other release dates is an atrocious idea.  I want to be excited about the new Twisted Metal but I can't. Black was the pinnacle of the series and this game is completely ditching that style of narrative. It also doesn't help that we can play games like Territories and CTF in every other game, why bring it to Twisted Metal? I also don't need Sweetimus Prime in my game (especially if everyone else can fly around too).

Thanks for the comments, I agree the transformers in Twisted Metal doesn't work for me.  Anyways since Rage has decided to move from September 6 I may just get Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine instead.
#80 Posted by CurranHamilton (4 posts) -

I am really looking forward to this game.

#81 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Deadlines has always been ID Software's weakness.

#82 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

I'm sorry Id, i wanted to play Rage, but i can only devote my month of october to a few games and that is Dark Souls and Battlefield 3.

#83 Posted by CrescentFresh (126 posts) -

At least it hasn't been pushed to 2012...yet!

#84 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Im so looking forward for this one.. I hope it turns out good.

#85 Posted by crimsonlordofwar (140 posts) -

I really looking forward to this game, but if Camerack says he needs a bit more time, then you give him more time.

#86 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -
@Top8cat said:
I really looking forward to this game, but if Camerack says he needs a bit more time, then you give him more time.

Just what I am thinking. I am really looking forward to playing this but I want it right and if that means more time to get it finished then that is cool with me.
#87 Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God (300 posts) -

Bad Kessler! No puns in news articles. Someone get the cattle prod

#88 Posted by mdattack (4 posts) -

I want to play this game now! So extremely bad!

#89 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (603 posts) -

I am excited to play this, but I think I am a little more excited to play Dark Souls and Darkness II...that may be too dark though.

#90 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

i blame Matt Rorie everytime whiskey staff member uses the phrase "its been a long road"

#91 Posted by Serenj (9 posts) -

Argh.

#92 Posted by unihoaxer (19 posts) -

At least it is going to be this year?

#93 Posted by Marokai (2980 posts) -

I was interested in this game when it was first shown off quite a bit at last year's E3 but I have been steadily losing interested since then. Now it comes out on the day Dark Souls does? As if I'm going to buy Rage over that.

#94 Posted by Cuzza (11 posts) -

Damnit, I was hoping for something to keep me occupied while my Dudebro friends were busy fistpounding to GoW3. Then again I have a significant pile of shame to keep me going.

#95 Posted by Vorhenze (99 posts) -

@pingolobo said:

The postapocaliptic tale HAD to be delayed. Remember that the RAPTURE did not happen on May and I think it was pushed to October. It makes sense for RAGE to wait. I joke, of course.

You joke in a foreign way. I think you're foreign.

#96 Posted by PimblyCharles (1443 posts) -

This fucking blows! So many people are like OH I'VE WAITED THIS LONG WHATS AN EXTRA 3 WEEKS. I have to disagree. With the 5+ years this has been in development I DOUBT that 3 weeks is going to be used for anything to better the game. Just release the damn thing already. My preorder has been sitting around for over 2 years. Fuck fuck fuck fuck

#97 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

Wow dudes you really think that a car combat game (no longer relevant) , a sequel to a somewhat mediocre FPS (Darkness 2) would endenger the game from the FPS kings?????  Also another Tom Clancy game ?pffffttt , the only game that will hamper Rage release will be Dark Souls , but I will get both of them. 
As a side note GoW3 no longer interest me , MW3 can drop dead for all I care and I doubt that Battlefield 3 will be anything other than a COD clone (except the multiplayer part , but I rarely play on line) so the release dates is perfect , then I can round up the year with Skyrim ... perfect

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.