Rage updated for PC

#1 Posted by kaedeno (8 posts) -

So they finally decided to give us a few extra options for tweaking the graphics ingame: http://store.steampowered.com/news/6464/

Has it fixed the problems people have been struggling with? I really haven't had much trouble, save a little screen tearing every now and then.

#2 Posted by Guttlesswonder (26 posts) -

yes, but now many people are experiencing different issues than before.

#3 Edited by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Hopefully this will address any major outstanding issues. Still kinda silly that these options weren't there in the first place, but to their credit they patched it in pretty quickly.

There is good detailed explanation of each of the settings in the patch notes. Maybe because of the embarrassment they suffered they felt like detailing the notes so they can demonstrate that they still know a thing or two about graphics.

#4 Posted by Quemador (166 posts) -

Man i been holding out for this game thanks to all the pc problems i heard. If somebody downloaded the update please post results.

#5 Posted by Besetment (481 posts) -

The patch fixed all my video issues in their entirety. I'm playing through the game on nightmare and it looks great. On another note, nightmare is much more enjoyable than normal, even though it's still pretty easy. I'd go as far as to recommend that people just choose nightmare on their first playthrough.

#6 Posted by Sin4profit (2924 posts) -

@Besetment said:

The patch fixed all my video issues in their entirety. I'm playing through the game on nightmare and it looks great. On another note, nightmare is much more enjoyable than normal, even though it's still pretty easy. I'd go as far as to recommend that people just choose nightmare on their first playthrough.

What i've played of it, until they patched it and it broke, on hard difficulty was pretty easy so playing on nightmare seems like the thing to do.

#7 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1568 posts) -

Even after the update I'm still having V-Sync issues. The V-Sync option isn't sticking when I select either "On" or "Smart" and thus I'm still having some seriously bad screen tearing issues.

GTX 580.

EDIT: I figured out my problem; it was stemming with my nVidia control panel defaulting RAGE to "Force Off" for application-level V-Sync. Going into application specific graphics settings in the control panel and changing it from "Force Off" to "Application Controlled" fixed this issue.

#8 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

I had fixed my screen tearing and texture pop issues before the patch and now the game crashes like crazy on me. I had never experienced a crash until the patch and this is extremely frustrating.

#9 Posted by AV_Gamer (607 posts) -

That 1gig Patch was completely worthless.

I'm calling it.

This has got to be one of the worst PC games ever released in terms of technical issues.

And the fact it was done by id software, speaks volumes.

#10 Posted by Cake (210 posts) -

If even possible, it managed to break my game even more.

Good stuff.

#11 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

This is just really baffling. This is ID, this kinda stuff doesn't happen.... Oh wait, it makes sense cause they were developing it for 2 consoles at the same time. Right....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.