Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

The biggest disappointment of all (Spoiler)

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Besetment

No final boss?! I had 20 BFG rounds. Twenty! I spent all my money on BFG rounds to stock up for a final boss that never came. How could this game not have a final boss?

I have many gripes about this game, but when it's not forcing you to drive that stupid car or talk to boring NPCs in a hub world and finally lets you shoot, it can be fun (don't play it on normal). But seriously, no boss? Only one mission after you get the BFG and there's no giant monster to fire it at? What a waste. If they make a Rage 2 it needs to be more shooting and less stupid.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

They're making Doom 4.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Besetment said:

Rage 2 it needs to be more shooting and less stupid.

LMFAO ahhhhh it's been a while since I genuinely laughed at something on the internet...well said!

I still wanna give rage a try but only after Forza 4

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thechronodarkness

Instead of making a thread, I'm going to sorta hijack this one. No final boss...no epic ending. Now, this is coming from the guy who completely understood metal gear solid 2 on the first playthrough. I...honestly don't understand the ending of this game. Did I miss something? Someone, explain exactly what happens. You go and raise an antenna up, and the credits roll? I played 7 hours to make an antenna go up? Marshall said after you did that, he'd have people in place? Even compared to doom 3, this game doesn't have much of any story to it.

And yes, I fired the bfg once, thinking I needed to save the ammo for a final boss. And instead your final enemies are just random easy to kill mutants?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Maybe you play the real ending as DLC in a couple months. Like with that one PoP game. Cus people responded great to that.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Besetment

@rebgav said:

I knew that there wasn't a final boss encounter but I saved my BFG ammo anyway, expecting tougher opposition. My mistake in starting the game on normal difficulty had been clear for several hours at that point though, I'm sure that the BFG ammo will be necessary on Nightmare.

I certainly hope so, because I'm playing it through on nightmare right now and it's piss easy. I came up to a sewer entrance, which I had skipped the first time around, and the NPC there said "hey don't go in there unless you've brought a lot of guns with you, it's tough!" All I had was a pistol but I went in anyway. Nothing in there but a bunch of mutants who die in 2 to 3 shots. With the standard pistol. Yeah real tough.

@rebgav said:

Well, there was only one boss fight in the game and it wasn't particularly interesting. I don't think it would have been particularly satisfying to play through a similar encounter at the end of the game - I generally find boss fights in FPS to be crap, better not to have one at all.

Absolutely unacceptable. An id shooter needs a final boss. There's 2 bosses that I can remember: the wasted turret guy where you just wait for his gun to overheat and shoot him in the head, and the giant mutant where you run around until he exposes himself then shoot him with a rocket. Dumb bosses, I know, but they added variety to the levels and I don't wish they were removed entirely. And saying "I don't want a final boss if it's going to be like the giant mutant boss" is weak. I don't want that either. I want a final boss, and I want it to be awesome. I want my giant mutant robot rocket monster, god damn it.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gruff182

@thechronodarkness said:

Instead of making a thread, I'm going to sorta hijack this one. No final boss...no epic ending. Now, this is coming from the guy who completely understood metal gear solid 2 on the first playthrough. I...honestly don't understand the ending of this game. Did I miss something? Someone, explain exactly what happens. You go and raise an antenna up, and the credits roll? I played 7 hours to make an antenna go up? Marshall said after you did that, he'd have people in place? Even compared to doom 3, this game doesn't have much of any story to it.

And yes, I fired the bfg once, thinking I needed to save the ammo for a final boss. And instead your final enemies are just random easy to kill mutants?

Yeah, I literally just finished the game. No idea what just happened, guess I should have payed more attention.

Also, what was the point of giving you the last gun with the BFG rounds, I fired one for the hell of it, but their really was no need for em.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lusence

me 2. i didnt relize the 3rd disk was just MP so when the achievement poped up for me beating it and that litle scene started i was relived because i thought there was another disk to go... i kinda laughed to myself thinking god wouldnt this suck if this was the end... BAM... credits... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mattjam3000

The gearhead "boss" was stupid easy, just got out the rocket launcher and blasted him a few times. I was loving the last mission the game, the setting was really cool, the futuristic blue corridors and such. But I could not friggin believe that the final fight is just mutantbash tv in a different setting. That was very lame. I was also saving all my BFG rounds for a big boss, never fired it once!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.