Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

The official Rage review thread

• 110 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@kishinfoulux said:

Ben Kuchera just comes off as an ass. Broken save system? Saves fine for me. Weak gunplay? Are we playing the same game?

By "broken save system" he actually meant to write "Waaaa, waaaa, bad game doesn't auto-save every 10 seconds and I need to do it myself"

TheEvilCory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By TheEvilCory

@allworkandlowpay: I am aware that there are no universal truths in gaming, and also that these people are paid for their opinions. I was just pointing out that impressions concerning the shooting mechanic are all over the place, thus making it difficult to get an idea of it's general quality.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Protome said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Ben Kuchera just comes off as an ass. Broken save system? Saves fine for me. Weak gunplay? Are we playing the same game?

By "broken save system" he actually meant to write "Waaaa, waaaa, bad game doesn't auto-save every 10 seconds and I need to do it myself"

Pretty much. Even more so the game straight up tells you "hey you might want to save often in the wastelands. it's dangerous".

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Of the 4-5 reviews I read, Joystiq is the only one that sounds legit.  I think a lot of reviewers are giving this game a lot of slack because its an id game. 

But I said it months ago that this game wasn't looking special and sad to say that I was right.
    Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Overall it's looking like it could be a fun game at a lower price but will be repetitive.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By sixpin

@sins_of_mosin: You are right because you cherry picked the harshest review and made a judgement on a game you haven't played yet? Seems like opinions are varied. Not everyone agrees as to the quality of the game. The Giant Bomb crew seemed to like it, as well as several other media outlets. There are other review that aren't as kind. Depends on what you are looking for in a game from id. I think the people that expect id to revolutionize the FPS genre with each release are setting id up to fail in their eyes from the start.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#107  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Just because the harshest review speaks the most truth to me does not mean I cherry picked it.  The other reviews just lavish the praise with a wimpy little tiff about a issue that they never go into detail on. 

I had zero thoughts about id doing anything new or trying to re-invent the genre.  They simply made a fps based on what was currently a hot idea back in 2009 but missed the window and now have a basic shooter with only the visuals to set it apart.
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I made the mistake of getting the PC version. It's complete shit, and almost unplayable with all the glitches.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By metalmoog

Still got this pre-ordered and will be picking it up today. Regardless of the less than stellar reviews, this still looks fantastic to me. Wonderful graphics, brilliant first person shooter gameplay, I'm down. Disappointed there isn't more RPG elements but as a straight up FPS it looks great.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By napalm
    @sins_of_mosin said:
    Of the 4-5 reviews I read, Joystiq is the only one that sounds legit.  I think a lot of reviewers are giving this game a lot of slack because its an id game.  But I said it months ago that this game wasn't looking special and sad to say that I was right.
    Yeah, you read "4-5" reviews and deduced that you were "right" in saying it's a piece of shit. 

Yep, nothing wrong with this picture whatso-fucking-ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.