Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Well....I just beat RAGE... (spoilers)

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eastcoasteric

And I'll start off by saying that I 100%, LOVED this game.

I had a blast playing through everything and took my time with the entire experience.

I finished everything in the game that you possibly could, besides nightmare mode and a few of the online bits, but other than that...almost a 100% complete.

BUT, to my surprise and original doubt, the dreaded ending came to....

Like really? What were they trying to prove here? Ok so more ARK's came up, but that doesn't mean they're going to join the resistance and lastly, the ending fight was so weak it was unbearable.

I put up 2 sentry bots and just went to work, I never even had a chance to use my BFG rounds because there was nothing WORTHY of them through out the entire fight!

I have no idea what id has up their sleeves for RAGE 2, but they better wrap the entire story up neatly, or come out with some kind of DLC that is about the ARKS and make the 2nd game all about the final fight.

Lastly, if we don't get RAGE 2, I'm going to kill somebody, or if I have to wait 5+ years to get it, I'm going to also kill somebody.

PLEASE "id" and "Bethseda" don't do us, the fans, wrong like this again!

Now I'm off to go play Arkham City. booya

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hangedtoaster

I found the ending to Rage super weird, It seemed like it was just about to kick into high gear and then it was over. I'd also love to see Rage 2 as well!

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By evilrazer

The ending is like 7 seconds long. This is the cheapest way to finish the game, anyway, the plot is so thin that I didn't even care about the ending at all and it didn't surprise me much.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bybeach

I just now finished Rage. To put it into perspective, I didn't do much of the racing, and I am going to go back for that. I did all the side missions I believe, and about 5 or 6 Mutant smash TV's, to the point I got tired of that. But the racing is fun as a thing to itself, and I am going to do more.

All I can say was this game was fun and dumb. the real problem, reflected in the ending, was that on hard, it was just too easy. Way too easy. What did I need the BFG for? All I needed was the pistol and the shotgun, and the special ammo. And if I found this game too much of a slide on hard, and I know I am only a decent gamer, what about others? Oh sure, the shooting was fun, that didn't really get boring. But if I died, it was mostly because I was careless.

What gets me is that I heard about Rage and Heard about Rage and heard about Rage, and my expectations were soooooo high. All I can say is I cannot find it in myself to be pissed, because ,well, it was fun... And held my interest, for the average time it lasted. But wow, well, on to the next game.(except back for more of that racing)

easybeinggreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By easybeinggreen

OP, I could have written your post, that is how succinctly you said exactly what I was thinking about RAGE. Just beat it today, and I swear I was watching the short ending video thinking, okay, this is about to start some whole other part of the game. Then the credits roll! Argh!

Other than that, I don't know if this is nitpicking, but did the textures load like crap for anyone else? Every time I'd swing my field of view the textures would slowly load on all surfaces... Odd.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By metalmoog

Yeah the textures start popping in everytime you change your view. It's normal. I just made it to Subway town and have been holding off from getting to this dreadful ending I've been hearing so much about. Overall I've enjoyed the game I just don't want to have that enjoyment ruined when the credits roll because the last taste is the one I will remember.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

I thought rage was pretty cool and I also beat it on Nightmare on my first playthrough

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Juvarial

I heard the ending was bad and just assumed it was silly forum kids raging. Well... Wow.

It felt like sex without the orgasm I guess. All that lead up and then "LOLNOBRAH-ITS OVER".

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eaxis

I spent 15hours doing everything in the game and the most disappointing thing was the ending. What the hell! So short it's not even funny.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SpudBug

A lot of games have bad endings.

Not a lot of games have bad endings AND non-existent last battles/boss fights.

I did really like how that last area looked. Kind of like a preview of how Doom 4 could look with the RAGE engine.

I doubt we'll see RAGE 2, this was more of a "figure out the tech" game.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mandude

@SpudBug: All the interviews have pointed to RAGE 2. They said they want it to be a franchise. Although, there have been rumours about Doom 4 being postponed, so if that turns out to be true, maybe not...

I'd never expect a meaningful story from id. We're just friends with benefits.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I also loved the game, and found the ending quite boring and easy. I was playing on Hard, and I was surprised at how easy it was. I never got any chance to use the BFG, Pulse rounds work wonders. No Cyber-Demon like mutant to tell me Im gonna screw you many times. In fact, I ended up using more the Pop Rockets (can you think of an even better name? Not? I thought so).

In the end, I loved Rage. Loved the Tech 5 engine that powered it, and kind of like what they said at Eurogamer. Its just plain fun when you fire. It made FPSs fun again. It mixes the good old 90's humour with 2011s gameplay. And considering that before the merging with Bethesda, id was calling this a tech demo, its one of the best tech demos ever.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themangalist
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Aetheldod

@themangalist: Altho it summed up pretty much what I felt about rage , a well balanced game that just leaves a meh taste :/ how unfortunate

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lusence

i think they where just plugging along with development when one of them looked at their watch and went OH FUCK! times up! And so thats how we get the ending.

razeeverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By razeeverything

I was suprised they didnt have the Authority overrun the Haggar town and kill everyone to make you hate them. Also i dont understand what they were trying to do with launching all the vaults. They are releasing a bunch of unarmed people into a hostile environment. What do they hope will happen if someone isnt there to secure those people right away?

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By leebmx

It looked fantastic but I only think the action really got going in certain sections. Technically it was superb as well, with the guns feeling weighty with meaty reports and the framerate great 60fps. However the ending, and the ploting and writing in general just made me think off a super-geeky, really talented bunch of programmers who were ace at making the technical side of games but had never read a book in their lives.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By avidwriter

@eastcoasteric: I recently beat it myself. I had the same feeling, at the last fight I never thought that was the last fight. I thought after that I'd get the boss or another set or rooms or just something else. It seemed rushed to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.