Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

When Is The Review

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By david3cm

So I was wondering if the reviews for this game will be coming out tomorrow or the day after. Im still unsure of this game but it likes kinda cool, and tomorrow is also the last day I could preorder to get the bonus shit it would come with, pretty grimey but whatever, free stuff. This game would be right up my alley if the collecting loot/open world aspect played a major role in this game. But yeah, any word on reviews coming out, wither on this site or another reputable sites?

EDIT

After watching some gameplay videos I've decided to pick this up. I saw some looting of a corpse and there is at least a small crafting element to this game, the gun play looks good and the graphics are pretty dope. Im still not completely sold on the notion of this being an excellent game, but it looks like it will be decent.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

Tuesday. It's probably going up at midnight tomorrow night if I had to guess.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

Just pre-order it.  If it gets nothing but bad reviews then tell them you want something else instead.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

@Spoonman671 said:

Just pre-order it. If it gets nothing but bad reviews then tell them you want something else instead.

Is it that hard to find games these days that everything needs to be pre-ordered? I see so many people now talking about how they're going to cancel their pre-orders that's it's like buying a game is a two step process now: The first buy and then the actual buy. Instead of going through the hassle why don't you just head down on release day to a store and pick it up? I never have any problems with it.

Pre-ordering a game that you're not dead set on seems weird to me.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Spoonman671 said:

Just pre-order it. If it gets nothing but bad reviews then tell them you want something else instead.

Or how about not giving in to the stupid Gamestop hype machine and just buying games when you want them.

Why would he need to pre-order this? Are they making 10 copies sealed in gold? It's idiotic.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By david3cm

@Brendan: thats why I was hoping for a review before i pre-ordered, kind of the whole point of this forum post

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Brendan said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Is it that hard to find games these days that everything needs to be pre-ordered? I see so many people now talking about how they're going to cancel their pre-orders that's it's like buying a game is a two step process now: The first buy and then the actual buy. Instead of going through the hassle why don't you just head down on release day to a store and pick it up? I never have any problems with it.

@Doctorchimp said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Or how about not giving in to the stupid Gamestop hype machine and just buying games when you want them.

Why would he need to pre-order this? Are they making 10 copies sealed in gold? It's idiotic.

Or how about you read his post and see that the thing he is concerned about is the pre-order bonuses?
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Spoonman671: Yeah I thought it was a shitty costume or something lame. I didn't know they were doing a Anarchy Edition thing.

Tough call

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By amomjc

@Brendan said:

@Spoonman671 said:

I don't know if this is common, but EA took it to the next level on Origin with the BF3 pre-order. When you bring up the cost of the game in your Shopping Cart, the game itself comes up as $54.99 with a $4.99 pre-order fee. Now does this mean EA will be releasing BF3 at $54.99 after the 25th or is this a subtle and insidious way of telling customers were going to start charging for pre-orders on top of your regular purchase fee.

Nobody knows...

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Skald

@csoup said:

@Brendan said:

@Spoonman671 said:

I don't know if this is common, but EA took it to the next level on Origin with the BF3 pre-order. When you bring up the cost of the game in your Shopping Cart, the game itself comes up as $54.99 with a $4.99 pre-order fee. Now does this mean EA will be releasing BF3 at $54.99 after the 25th or is this a subtle and insidious way of telling customers were going to start charging for pre-orders on top of your regular purchase fee.

Nobody knows...

That's a five dollar deposit. You pay it up front and you pay the rest when the game comes out.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By amomjc

@extremeradical said:

@csoup said:

@Brendan said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Nobody knows...

That's a five dollar deposit. You pay it up front and you pay the rest when the game comes out.

I paid the entire purchase, so I don't know where that comes in handy for anyone in the digital market.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By OldGuy

"When it's done." :-)

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Spence_5060

gonna rent it either way to play it myself. After seeing countless gameplay videos and talks about this game still have no idea what this game is gonna really be. I don't think the review will help me enough with this problem....or maybe it will. I don't know.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ninjalegend

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I've been looking for crap on this game that I have not seen. I found this video that shows off a remote control RC car bomb, and the classic ID shotgun that make it ok for me to drop cash on this. Kinda has a "If fallout had good gun gameplay" feel to me. I made the leap. Dark Souls and this has warranted me to take a couple days off work for some good old videogame time.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By FreakAche

Here's a more important question: Why can't I find this game on imcalling.it?

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By James_ex_machina

I'm waiting for a review. It looks great but Id hasn't hit a homerun in years.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ExplodeMode
    @Brendan said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Pre-ordering something that you aren't getting a good deal on, like Amazon giving you store credit, seems weird as fuck.  It's just a ploy to get you to pay full price.  No one is running out of any copies of huge-fall-game any time soon.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By zidd

I trust ID to make a game thats nothing less than stellar. The reviews are probably embargoed until sometime around the release date.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Dany

I went to a walmart and the posters for Rage said "From the creators of Doom and Quake" I guess that would play into older parental types now and stuff but VERY odd that the games they are using to show that rage might be of quality are god damn old.

I'd wait for a review.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blueduck

@Dany said:

I went to a walmart and the posters for Rage said "From the creators of Doom and Quake" I guess that would play into older parental types now and stuff but VERY odd that the games they are using to show that rage might be of quality are god damn old.

I'd wait for a review.

I'm guessing anyone who would know what Doom or Quake is would also be aware that there is more than one game in each of those series.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Subjugation

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dany

@Subjugation said:

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

To Joe and Jane Schmo or kiddie joey and joanne?

Doom and Quake are 'names' that people know and remeber , but I dunno, the lack of new 'ip' or anything recent to put up there is what really perplexed me.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Dany said:

@Subjugation said:

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

Doom and Quake are 'names' that people know and remeber , but I dunno, the lack of new 'ip' or anything recent to put up there is what really perplexed me.

Kiddie Joey and Joanne aren't buying M-rated games at Walmart.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By napalm
    @Spoonman671 said:
    @Dany said:

@Subjugation said:

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

They shouldn't be, at least. He used a not-so-clever straw man.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dany

@Spoonman671 said:

@Dany said:

@Subjugation said:

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

Their parents will because it keeps them quiet as joe and jane shmo ignores them to shoot up some meth.

@Napalm: yeah well...yeah...

anal_diarrhea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By anal_diarrhea
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bybeach

Good americans don't do something so dirty as to shoot up meth. They snort it, maybe a sprinkle in their coffee. Fortunatly I am not a good american and forgo meth altogether... to point, I hope Rage does well.

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Chindie

I'm pretty curious to see what reviews make of this. The production values seem suitably high and footage of the 360 version is superb, it looks incredible and runs consistently smoothly, but I do wonder whether it continues the path that Doom 3 went on where even then id seemed a little off the popular path for shooters which subsequently came back to bite that games long term critical success. Equally, given we've had 4/5 years of modern warfare shooters that everyone has pinched the odd idea from (or even just copied wholesale), it'll be good to have a change of pace with id's trademark punchy shooting and something a little different with the vehicle stuff too.

I've little doubt I'll be buying this week, but at the back of my mind theres a seed of doubt that it's going to be the great ride I hoped it might be. Here's hoping.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Stahlbrand

Waiting for the reviews. Hope it is good, but I'm only buying it if it is a homerun. Either that or wait for a steam sale. This time of year 'really good' isn't good enough, and a single player experience, I feel like I can let this one wait until I get to it.

But if it turns out to be amazing, I'll pick it up.

Either way, I await reviews from the sites I follow.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StrikeALight

Regarding pre-ordering - it usually makes sense via online (at least in the UK) since you nearly always save close to a tenner, and most often than not, the game arrives a day or two before it hits the shelves.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31  Edited By MachoFantastico

Slightly worried about Rage, so waiting to see what the general feelings are towards it. Tempted to go for Dark Souls instead right now, Rage looks worryingly generic for my tastes right now.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Syndrom

i'm hoping for a quicklook more then a review, kinda on the fence between this and dark souls tbh

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By metalmoog

This game is going to get a perfect score on 90% of the websites out there. It's the hidden gem of 2011. Nobody's hyped it much, and it's going to blow minds. Mark my words.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#34  Edited By Mystyr_E
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By csl316
    @Dany said:

@Subjugation said:

@Dany said:

I'd wait for a review.

Those games are iconic.

This doesn't seem to be marketed toward the younger Call of Duty crowd, namely because its focus is on single player.  And a lot of older gamers stick with single players shooters due to lack of time.

I'm thinking id wants to resonate with the older crowd because of the attachment they have to those names.  Anyone that's played those games back in the day has nothing but fondness for them.  So it's a selling point for me, anyway, and I'm only 25.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.