Which score will Brad give Rage?

• 75 results
#2 Posted by groin (854 posts) -

It's not an indie darling game so I say he will give it 4 stars.

#3 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -

Never touched the game, haven't really seen too much of it. All I know is that it's id, and Brad loves John Carmack. So four stars.

#4 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Going with 4. I think the game looks cool.
Looks can be....

#5 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

@groin said:

It's not an indie darling game so I say he will give it 4 stars.

haha too true

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6382 posts) -

He gave Renegade Ops a 5 so I don't see why this would get anything lower.

But realistically this game should be a 4.

#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4780 posts) -
#8 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I havent seen huge amounts of the game but what i have played looks very fun. It'll probably have some sort of flaw though so I guess it'll get a 4.

#9 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I finally seen a trailer that made the gameplay look fun but I still stand by my 'great' estimate so 4 stars.
#10 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

4 stars sounds about right.

#11 Posted by GirlsGeneration (153 posts) -

I'm gonna say  4 stars.

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11433 posts) -

5. Don't forget that he worships John Carmack.

#13 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

4 stars. For me, any other outcome seems completely impossible.

#14 Posted by Subjugation (4728 posts) -

5. This guy loves Carmack so much he got flustered when he had a chance to interview him and Klepek ended up doing it instead. Total bromance.

#15 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

I'm guessing 4 stars, though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it got lower or higher than that...it's hard to say.

Already have my copy preordered, so I don't care that much either way. Well, unless it flat out sucks and get horrible reviews across several websites.

#16 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

4 stars, but 5 super shotguns.

#17 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Predicting a 4, but a love for all things Carmack may bump it up to a 5.

#18 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

Game has not had much press, which means Bethesda doesn't seem that impressed at the games overall quality, they don't want to spend much on marketing a bomb.

It's likely a 3-out-of-5 star game. good ideas, but more of a tech demo than a solid game.

#19 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

6.25 out of 8.411606

#20 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I had to go with 5. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I think Brad gives a whole lot of 5's.

#21 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

4. The game doesn't seem stellar but really good. Hell probably 5 it could really be something special.

On a sidenote I misread this post as: Which score will Rage give Brad and my answer to that question is 2.

#22 Posted by DonPixel (2598 posts) -

After his 5 stars to LA Noire and 4 to Infamous 2, I take Brad's cautiously

#23 Posted by bybeach (4973 posts) -

I told him to give it a five. i'm sure he will do it because I said so...seriously, betting 4/5, unless it pisses him off for some reason.

#24 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

5 stars. I placed a bet on him giving Rage 5-stars so he better do it.

#25 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

and 4 star Far Cry 2.

Also Brad said Dead Space 2 took around 9-12 hours to complete if I remember right...facepalm.

#26 Posted by chilibean_3 (1677 posts) -
#27 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

I would say 4, but because its Brad, 5

#28 Posted by OldGuy (1570 posts) -

An 8.8 and then Internet Rage will commence.

#29 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

The one it earns?  The polls some people come up with.

#30 Posted by iAmJohn (6131 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

Game has not had much press, which means Bethesda doesn't seem that impressed at the games overall quality, they don't want to spend much on marketing a bomb.

It's likely a 3-out-of-5 star game. good ideas, but more of a tech demo than a solid game.

Lol wat? Where did you get that idea? I've seen a ton of Rage ads both on TV and in the real world (it's all over the buses and telephone booths in New York), not to mention the entire discussion on the last Bombcast about how they shoved the game into Breaking Bad. Bethesda is leaning into this game HARD.

#31 Posted by shivermetimbers (786 posts) -

4 stars seems obvious. It's probably a solid experience filled with bugs and a forgetful story. Shooting and gameplay will be fun though.

#32 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5359 posts) -
@Sooty said:

@DonPixel said:

and 4 star Far Cry 2.

Also Brad said Dead Space 2 took around 9-12 hours to complete if I remember right...facepalm.

Sigh.
#33 Posted by Brad (3259 posts) -

@shivermetimbers said:

4 stars seems obvious. It's probably a solid experience filled with bugs and a forgetful story. Shooting and gameplay will be fun though.

Bugs? When has id ever shipped a game with major technical issues of any kind?

Staff
#34 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

@Clubvodka said:

4. The game doesn't seem stellar but really good. Hell probably 5 it could really be something special.

Exactly this, I can't tell if this game is a 4 or a 5. Maybe if there's a tonne of weapon variety, but I'm kinda worried that every level's gonna be the same...

I don't read things, so I guess I'll find out on the quick look.

#35 Posted by bartok (2573 posts) -

Somewhere between 1 and 5 Stars.  Are these fucking threads going to pop up for every major release?  These are almost as bad as those threads that tell you how you are wrong for liking popular well reviewed games.  

#36 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@allworkandlowpay said:

Lol wat? Where did you get that idea? I've seen a ton of Rage ads both on TV and in the real world (it's all over the buses and telephone booths in New York), not to mention the entire discussion on the last Bombcast about how they shoved the game into Breaking Bad. Bethesda is leaning into this game HARD.

And the fact that there's bin a 5-minute video of practically each mission in the game coming out like every week for the past year.

#37 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@Anwar
The real irony is that I probably only pull the trigger on one post in 6.  But posts that single out Brad are often some kind of dig at him that I feel is undeserved, so they tend to get my dander up.  I probably would have said nothing if Brad's name hadn't been in the title.
#38 Posted by chilibean_3 (1677 posts) -

@Brad said:

@shivermetimbers said:

Bugs? When has id ever shipped a game with major technical issues of any kind?

It's probably not meant to be a comment about id and more a comment about large, open worldy games in general. Though, I honestly haven't seen enough of this game to have a sense of how expansive or open worldy it is. I barely know anything about this game! Just that it does, like, a lot of stuff?

#39 Posted by ajamafalous (12120 posts) -
@benjaebe said:

Predicting a 4, but a love for all things Carmack may bump it up to a 5.

#40 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

4 since it's nothing new and forgettable with super slick graphics

#41 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

If we already know what score Brad will give a game before he has reviewed it before it is out do we really need a review?

#42 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

@I_smell said:

@iAmJohn said:

@allworkandlowpay said:

And the fact that there's bin a 5-minute video of practically each mission in the game coming out like every week for the past year.

Honestly, this game must have the most aggressive game marketing in a long time. They even downgrade Breaking Bad for their fucking Rage marketing needs q.q

#43 Posted by Jolt92 (1565 posts) -

I'm Calling It, 5 stars! 5000xp betted.

#44 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@I_smell said:

@iAmJohn said:

@allworkandlowpay said:

Honestly, this game must have the most aggressive game marketing in a long time. They even downgrade Breaking Bad for their fucking Rage marketing needs q.q

I honestly haven't seen much. A few banner ads, but I've yet to see a t.v. spot, and the fact that I haven't even seen anything (and I watch a lot of various media) seems to make me think they aren't putting that much into it. I watch a lot of T.V, a lot of HULU, go to a lot of various websites, especially video-content providing ones, and I've yet to see a RAGE ad. If this is the most aggressive game marketing you've seen, you've been in a cave.

#45 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5359 posts) -
@allworkandlowpay said:

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@I_smell said:

@iAmJohn said:

@allworkandlowpay said:

I honestly haven't seen much. A few banner ads, but I've yet to see a t.v. spot, and the fact that I haven't even seen anything (and I watch a lot of various media) seems to make me think they aren't putting that much into it. I watch a lot of T.V, a lot of HULU, go to a lot of various websites, especially video-content providing ones, and I've yet to see a RAGE ad. If this is the most aggressive game marketing you've seen, you've been in a cave.

Or your the only guy who hasn't seen it.
#46 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

The game could have bugs like Fallout did. I would not try to think about the scores just yet

#47 Posted by lord_canti (1518 posts) -

it looks interesting and brad is the worlds biggest carmac fan soo im gonna go with 5

#48 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@allworkandlowpay said:

Are you retarded? There's been half a dozen if not more gameplay trailers showing almost full mission playthroughs mostly unedited. They have great confindance in their visuals and gameplay that's been the entire marketing with the game.
#49 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

Yeah it's not been Homefront-levels of marketing or COD or anything, I'm just sayin that they're not burying it.

#50 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I detest these threads with a passion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.