Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Will the PS3 version be fixed soon?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

So the PS3 version is still the same, bad texture pop in is still there. Any news on when that will be fixed?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

If it hasn't been fixed yet, then it might be a while. The evaluation process for patches on consoles tends to take a while. Or who knows, it might be something they can't fix (I kinda doubt that though, this is id we're talking about).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: Yea cause I'm thinking about maybe waiting to play it more, its really off putting.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Hizang: It's really that bad? Man, I was hoping the internet was making it sound worse than it is. My dad bought me a copy of the PS3 version for my birthday, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet (college), so I guess I'm in the same boat (kinda).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: Every time you turn around, everything is all blurry and it takes a second for it to all go all normal.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Hizang: Ugh. They better find some way to fix it. Even if it means them convincing Sony to let them do a full game install. I will delete stuff from my hard drive if I have to (but I wanna say I have at least 30 gigs left on my PS3, so I don't think I'd need to).

Well, at least Batman will be out by the next time I'm home, so I can just play that instead if they haven't patched it yet.

Hey, have you seen this? http://www.ag.ru/reviews/rage_2011 It's pretty funny.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: That review is pretty much Rage lol, and yeah Batman is coming out, but soon so is Skyrim, I have no time for Rage!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Hizang: Yeah, there's certainly plenty of other games to play until they patch it. I'm just worried that they might not, whether due to technical reasons, or them just saying "The hell with it" and leaving it as it is. They'd better though, or I'll never say a kind word about John Carmack again!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Hizang: I was just looking over John Carmack's Twitter, and a few days ago he said this, "Kiddodude we don't know of anything we can do to improve ps3 performance much, especially on wasteland. Tight memory, poor IO performance."

So...No patches incoming?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: This is terrible news, if no patch ever comes I really suggest that people avoid the PS3 version at all costs.

drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By drace

Yeah, there was pop in but if you just play the game you get past it. Now I'm not trying to be mean but I didn't really think it was bothersome once you get past the initial, "Oh yeah, there's the texture problems" and you're moving around a level normally. It's a great looking game despite that and pretty fun too.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Crash_Happy

The pop on the consoles is what it is. Just got to live with it, or not I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.