#1 Edited by kingmasters (410 posts) -

never mind read the news

#2 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

link?

#3 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -
kingmasters said:
so instead of not making a 360 one there going to chop off half the game
so you know what that means the PC and PS3 will get those wastelands for DLC

Probably, but the 360 will more than likely get those too.  Remember, compression plus a hardrive works wonders.  But yeah, the new area will probably be offered as DLC. And who knows, id may be so disheartened by this that they will make the DLC free, which in the end will make all of this pointless...
#4 Posted by kingmasters (410 posts) -
Demyx said:
"link?"
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/id-cuts-made-to-all-versions-of-rage-for-xbox-360s-sake/
#5 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -

So, they are removing the wastelands on all versions because of....... lack of space on the Xbox 360's disc format? They make up for this by.........Releasing DLC on PS3 and PC only?
Kinda confused on this. Wouldn't they release it as DLC for the 360 too, or is it a different issue with the 360 other than space?

#6 Edited by kingmasters (410 posts) -

well if thereBear said:

"So, they are removing the wastelands on all versions because of....... lack of space on the Xbox 360's disc format? They make up for this by.........Releasing DLC on PS3 and PC only?
Kinda confused on this. Wouldn't they release it as DLC for the 360 too, or is it a different issue with the 360 other than space?"
well if there is no space for them to put it in to begun with no space for DLC you would  think
plus they didn't say DLC I'm just thinking that will happen
#7 Posted by kingmasters (410 posts) -

anyways I'm just saying if the didn't make a 360 one the pc and ps3 owners would get a better game

#8 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Its the problem that they didn't want to pay for extra discs. A bigger world isn't always a better game, like San Andreas. I'm sure Rage will be a top seller on the 360, and that's what they're really wanting.

#9 Posted by Milkman (16777 posts) -

I could definitely see the Xbox 360 version getting canceled down the line.

#10 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

honestly i doubt there ever was more wastelands and i am willing to bet that if the game sucks they will blame it on the 360.

come on id pay up for the extra dvd or simply include the content in the ps3 and pc and not 360.

#11 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

It seems that we've reached the point where games have begun to surpass the powers of current consoles...or at least the Xbox 360...so much for ten year console life..

#12 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Well in a follow up, id said that nothing was cut from the game. They were going to have larger wastelands but decided it'd be best to have a couple smaller ones during development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.