biohazard92's Rage (Xbox 360) review

Mixed feelings

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I heard that ID and Bethesda were working together on this I was pretty excited, and the fact that the special edition was called the "Anarchy Edition" was pretty cool considering the "Post-Apocalyptic" land style. Anyway I purchased this game hoping for a rather large game. The Xbox 360 version comes with 3 discs, but unfortunately only 2 of the 3 were for single player while the third was only for multiplayer.

Amazing graphics

When the game began I was in amaze at the visuals, they were very sharp and clean. The story was, well, I'll be blunt the story was a little short and not as fulfilling as I thought it was comparing it to both Doom 3 and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. The combat was a nice fast flow that you would imagine coming from those two companies. The iron sights were amazing but their weren't as many upgrades as I hoped their would be.

Multiplayer was good, but their was no split-screen campaign aspect. I hadn't bothered trying the "Road RAGE" game mode because I bought the game looking forward to a run and gun style game. I give it an overall 3.5 out of 5, but don't take one persons opinion. Besides the main quest line their are PLENTY of side quests, the characters are quite interesting and creating your own equipment was rather enjoyable.

Rage is definitely not "all the rage"

This game was a good buy, but don't buy it in hopes of having a Fallout/Doom 3 styled game. Thanks for taking the time to read this review and have a good day gamers!!

Pros

1. Amazing Graphics
  2. Interesting Characters
  3. Wild enemies with their own minds
  4. Environment fights itself

Cons

1. Story was short and boring
  2. Too many enemies at once (Certain parts)
  3. Large world but not large enough
  4. Didn't live up to other games by ID and Bethesda
  5. Three Discs for Xbox 360???
  6. No character creation