Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ragnarok Tactics

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 06, 2012

The localized version of Ragnarok: The Imperial Princess of Light and Dark. It's a SRPG set in the Ragnarok universe.

It looks like PSP games are still being made

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pw2566ch

I honestly thought it would be the end of the PSP once the Vita was released. Seeing games like Ragnarok being released months after the Vita brings hope that Sony will still support the system. Also seeing Final Fantasy III on the PSN store makes it that much more plausible.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ducksworth

If anyone is really interested in playing Ragnarok but doesn't feel like buying, the demo is the entire game sans a bunch of story paths, so the game is essentially free.

Edit: Or you know, there's the non-legal method.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I still hope that other Persona 2 port gets localized. I want to play those games, but I don't want to play one update on the PSP and one old school version on the PS1.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

@TooWalrus said:

I still hope that other Persona 2 port gets localized. I want to play those games, but I don't want to play one update on the PSP and one old school version on the PS1.

I thought they did get released?

Edit: Seemingly.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jewunit

@Ducksworth said:

If anyone is really interested in playing Ragnarok but doesn't feel like buying, the demo is the entire game sans a bunch of story paths, so the game is essentially free.

Edit: Or you know, there's the non-legal method.

I didn't realize there was a demo. Thanks for the heads-up!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
    @believer258

@TooWalrus said:

Innocent Sin is here, Eternal Punishment is Japan only and hasn't been localized.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Justin258

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258

@TooWalrus said:

Innocent Sin is here, Eternal Punishment is Japan only and hasn't been localized.

According to this, Eternal Punishment was released in the US on the PS One; it was the other half, Innocent Sin, that was released here on the PSP.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
    @believer258 yeah, that's exactly what I said in my first post! I've never played either, and I'd rather play them both on the PSP, which is why I hope once P4G is out of the way, they mention that the EP localization of the PSP version is still coming.
    BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BlackLagoon

@pw2566ch: There's still a fair bit of PSP games being made in Japan, and companies like Aksys and Xseed still bring a few of them over (increasingly as PSN only releases).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justin258
    @TooWalrus
    @believer258 yeah, that's exactly what I said in my first post! I've never played either, and I'd rather play them both on the PSP, which is why I hope once P4G is out of the way, they mention that the EP localization of the PSP version is still coming.
    Modify your PSP and put the PS1 version on the PSP?
    pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

That's pretty much what I've done. You have to search for a program called PSX2PSP once you mod your PSP though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Justin258
    @pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

That's pretty much what I've done. You have to search for a program called PSX2PSP once you mod your PSP though.

I didn't have to do that. I just put PS1 games on there and they work.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

@pw2566ch: @believer258: Yeah... I'll pass on that for now. I don't even have a PSP anymore, but I'm buying a Vita next week. It's fine- I'll be playing plenty of Persona soon enough.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By egg

are you kidding me, there is a demo?? I play every PSP demo, but I assumed there obviously wouldnt be any more. The demo is for PSN US?

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

If you're talking about PS1 games from the PSN store, then that works without a modified PSP. I'm talking about putting PS1 games on a modified PSP that aren't even on the PSN store. Like Digimon World.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Justin258
    @pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

If you're talking about PS1 games from the PSN store, then that works without a modified PSP. I'm talking about putting PS1 games on a modified PSP that aren't even on the PSN store. Like Digimon World.

So am I. I didn't put anything on my PSP other than the PS1 game. What firmware are you using?
    pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

So am I. I didn't put anything on my PSP other than the PS1 game. What firmware are you using?

FW 6.60. It's the latest one. Weird, I didn't know PS1 games can still work without a modded PSP.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Justin258

@pw2566ch said:

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@pw2566ch

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus

FW 6.60. It's the latest one. Weird, I didn't know PS1 games can still work without a modded PSP.

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying, I have a modded PSP that I can put PS1 games on and don't have to use any sort of emulator or extra program on my PSP.

It's been a while since I've done it but there was a program on the PC I had to use. We seem to have had a misunderstanding here. Oops.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By nightriff

Those people on the NY subway still need games too pirate and play. At least they aren't making movies still....are they?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.