Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Raiden

Character » appears in 25 games

Raiden is one of the main characters in the Metal Gear series. He has gone from an Army XXI grunt, to a soldier whose abilities rival the legendary Solid Snake, to a cyborg ninja with superhuman capabilities.

Raiden to be the new lead protagonist?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Otacon

I'm thinking that or another story from Big Boss's past. Or a brand new character?

Archaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archaic

He should star in his own Ninja game with the gameplay of Ninja Gaiden.

It should be called Ninja Raiden. Oh see what I did there.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JamesF

I'd love to play as Raiden for the whole game next time.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By turboman

personally, if a new MGS is made, I hope we could play Ocelot during sometime in the past, he has alot of interesting parts that I would like to see(HE WAS TRIPLE CROSSING EVERYONE!)

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Guybrush

I think a game between MGS 2 and 4 could be really good. It would be cool to get that whole story with Raiden, especially if he is all Ninjad-up.

HomoPocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HomoPocket

I think I'm one of the few who loved Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, so I'd totally be down to playing as Raiden again in a future Metal Gear game!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

After MGS4 I think his life is complete.... dunno if he wants to continue doing field work but you never know... they could always make something up like he's getting called back for an emergency meeting.

I wouldn't mind another Big Boss story... I loved MGS3

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By exfate

I personally prefer Snake, but I don't have a problem with Raiden's character. I don't like the MGS4 Raiden as much as the MGS2 one though. I have little interest in playing a Ninja Raiden like game - I'd prefer a more traditional MGS game. If they were to tell Raiden's story between MGS2 and MGS4, then I'd want the cyborg ninja transformation to be near or at the end of the game rather than the focus.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

As much as I have loved playing the Metal Gear series I am not sure that I could be as satisfied with a new character. Snake was so well conceived any replacement in future iterations would be compared unfavorably. Just look at the reception Raiden got as a character in 2 despite the fact that, that was an awesome game.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Otacon
    TurboMan said:
    "personally, if a new MGS is made, I hope we could play Ocelot during sometime in the past, he has alot of interesting parts that I would like to see(HE WAS TRIPLE CROSSING EVERYONE!)"
    I agree, Ocelot is probably the most interesting character in the MGS universe.
    I think that Raiden is accepted now as a character, I would love to play another game as him.

JuMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By JuMP

I'm glad (/I hope) that the MGS series is done with 4. But with Solid Snake's story done, if they want to make a new series in the same world, the thing I think they'll need to do is come up with a protagonist with an interesting story.  That was ultimately what drew me to the MGS series in the first place. I think it could be done with Raiden, given the story we've already been given in 2 and 4.  I agree that Ocelot is a very interesting character but I don't know how he'd fit into the role of protagonist. He was always more of a schemer whereas the heroes in MGS games tend to be the victims of schemes.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Having been a huge fan of Raiden since MGS2, I'd love to see a game based around him but I don't think it should be an MGS game. Afterall, it's Metal Gear Solid and if Solid Snake isn't in it anymore, then surely it's best to end the games there and make a new branch. Metal Gear Raiden, perhaps?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Raiden is BA enough, but...

Lombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lombax

ugh we have been down that road.....and it was a sad road. 

dancingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dancingBear

The thought of playing someone else in snakes story is quite deppressing especially knowing that the result of the story is basically his (spoilers) death. especially now that after the 4th installment it seems that there are no more problems that can occur in the big boss, solid snake and liquid snake story line. But if there had to be another MGS set around these times i would definatly like to see raidens side of things from the end of the second MGS up to the 4th, Because that still seems like a bit of a grey area which hideo didnt seem to go into much detail with....it also seems it was done deliberatly. But if there were another metal gear game, i think it would make things alot more interesting if it sort of abandoned that timeline and went further into the future and to see a story bloom from the results of snakes death and how the world is functioning without 'SOP' and so on. but id like to see new main characters that have as much as an effect as the originals did. it will also be cool if like you saw maybe one or two of the characters from the originals make a few apearences like otacon whilst hes in his old age or something. i think the feeling of seeing how the world changed as a result of your actions in the past games, would be awesome.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Jensonb

Much as I'd like it to be Raiden, I fear it might be Meryl. Maybe Johnny

jamesconsidine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By jamesconsidine

If the did another mgs game *Spoilers* it should be set way in the future and i would like to see raidens son jack as the protaganist, and have sunny taking otacons role as the support character

Avatar image for scousers_are_scum
    Scousers_ARE_SCUM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hate that queer

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#19  Edited By dudacles

I always preferred Snake, so no.

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Dissolve

I think Raiden is the coolest character in the MGS series (I like him better than Snake).

I'd love MGS5 starring Jack.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrfluke
    dancingBear said:
    "

The thought of playing someone else in snakes story is quite deppressing especially knowing that the result of the story is basically his (spoilers) death. especially now that after the 4th installment it seems that there are no more problems that can occur in the big boss, solid snake and liquid snake story line. But if there had to be another MGS set around these times i would definatly like to see raidens side of things from the end of the second MGS up to the 4th, Because that still seems like a bit of a grey area which hideo didnt seem to go into much detail with....it also seems it was done deliberatly. But if there were another metal gear game, i think it would make things alot more interesting if it sort of abandoned that timeline and went further into the future and to see a story bloom from the results of snakes death and how the world is functioning without 'SOP' and so on. but id like to see new main characters that have as much as an effect as the originals did. it will also be cool if like you saw maybe one or two of the characters from the originals make a few apearences like otacon whilst hes in his old age or something. i think the feeling of seeing how the world changed as a result of your actions in the past games, would be awesome.

"
    i think a cg movie directed by kojima showing the events after snakes death would work because i dont think you can get a game out of that  i would hav to either be some fun with raiden showing the events from 2-4 or some more big boss business ( thats what i want to see they can get one more game out of that)  or a ground up new game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.