Railworks, SAVE $833.36 how can you pass that up?

#1 Edited by Six (612 posts) -

Package Price is: $1073.35 
you pay: $199.99

SAVINGS OF.... a shit load of dollars you could use on other.. "real" games.  BUT, How Can You Pass Up A Savings Of Over $800??

I bought Railworks back when it was a xmas Steam sale, without addons.  Now that Railworks 2 is out, it was updated for free.  I still don't have any addons.  I blame  DAVE SNIDER  and VINNY CARAVELLA  for buying this after the QuickLook.

I have no idea what anyone would need with all that DLC.

#2 Posted by freshakiff (82 posts) -

at these prices it's crazy NOT to buy it!

#3 Posted by Lab392 (280 posts) -

Guys... I'm not going to buy this game.

#4 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Is the DLC even worth that price? Isn't it just some trains?

#5 Posted by Poki3 (527 posts) -

I'm not buying it at all, and I'm saving $1073.35! Beat you.

#6 Posted by captain_clayman (3325 posts) -

lmfao 

i'd like to know who actually bought all 1000 dollars of this.

#7 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I've got a full cat litter box that was regularly priced at $1000 but I will sell it to you for $200 right now.  That will save you $800 too.
#8 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

oh dude, who dosen't love trains.  

CHOO CHOO

#9 Posted by Gre (154 posts) -

Wow, that is a totally different business model than the 49.99/59.99 plus 9.99 DLC model used by most computer game companies!   I guess rail-sim enthusiasts know what they want and are willing to pay for it.  Why couldn't a similar model work for flight sims?  Serious flight sims (especially combat sims) more or less died out because they became too realistic and complicated for the average consumer.  But why can't they put out Falcon 5.0 for 50 bucks (or something) and then charge  4.99-29.99 for different planes and scenarios? 

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12081 posts) -

Sigh ;_; I can't believe I looked at this and for a split second thought "hm, that's a good deal" :(

Well, I guess it is a good deal, but uhh...that's, um, quite a big number followed by a dollar sign.

#11 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I'll only buy it if it comes with an old timey conductor's hat.

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Can I make my own Nintendowload X-Press train in the game?

#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
@GlenTennis: Can you? Your encouraged too. 
#14 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

YO DAWG, WE HEARD YOU LIKE TRAINS.

#15 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I would get it, but unfortunately I don't speak train.

#16 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4621 posts) -

I actually really like Railworks. No way in hell I'd buy all that DLC though. But for all those sim enthusiasts out there, this is probably a steal.

#17 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I'm losing money all the time by not buying this... 
I still won't do it,though, because I'm rebellious like that. Take that, society!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.