What does the food system do?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

So there is a food bar in the game, I've always made sure its near top anyway, I get plenty of water and apples, but I have no idea what it actually means as the game never explained it.

#2 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

Yeah, it's weird since it explains everything else. It's an annoying feature I think, I just keep stuffing him with apples. Would make sense you get some more negative effects if you're hungry?

#3 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -

Or it's like Dawnguard - the hungrier you are, the more powerful you become :)

#4 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@Fillem: I may let it get down to zero and just see what happens, 6 hours in I have no idea.

#5 Posted by MuftyRiots (86 posts) -

When the food meter gets to 0% you drain 1HP at the same rate as you do as if you're poisoned, but only outside of battle. There is a tutorial pop-up that explains the food system but it only triggers after you let a character starve.

The whole food system seems pointless as it takes a bit of effort to starve a character as you're constantly feeding them to free up inventory slots, you can easily magically summon food at will & there is no significant penalty other than an irritating status symbol next to the character portrait.

#6 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

Well bah. Who the hell let that feature in then? Pointless indeed.

#7 Posted by MuftyRiots (86 posts) -

@Fillem: Probably the same person that thought that blue text on a blue background was a good idea for the dialogue boxes. I get cross-eyed trying to read those things.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@MuftyRiots: Oh, thats not to bad then, Being poisoned fhough, that sucks.

#9 Posted by MuftyRiots (86 posts) -

@Hizang: I've just been avoiding any encounters with enemies that can poison until I find an item drop that can resist it. I hate using the antidotes then being instantly poisoned again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.