Rambo at GamesCom

#1 Posted by SpartanHoplite (388 posts) -

""We have been quiet since we acquired the Rambo license last August," says commercial director Craig Lewis. "During this time we have been dedicated to creating a video game for consoles and PC that will allow Rambo fans and gamers across the globe to really get under the skin of Rambo and wield his iconic weapon-set in battle.""

'The game is still slated for release this year on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.'

i just hope its mix of MGS3 & Uncharted. and very violent. please no FPS nonsense.

also how long have they been working on it, since last august, or before that?

pls be good.

#2 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

I wouldn't get my hopes up on not being a FPS. I agree that a Metal Gear & Uncharted type of game would be cool, but for some reason I can just see it being made as a first person shooter, rather than some type of cover based. It just seems that when a project like this gets started, they usually default to a FPS cause they see it work everywhere else, and figure it would be the safest bet I guess.

#3 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

That's kind've a weird and dated license to have. How many kids these days even know who Rambo even was?

It would be neat if it actually turned out to be a cool game, I guess.

#4 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

Yeah, I've got my doubts. It's probably going to be terrabad, and the Rambo licence isn't going to go very far; If anything, it'll hinder it.

#5 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Cant be any worse than that Rambo 3 light gun shooter that appeared in arcades a few years back. That thing was fucking hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.