Randy Orton, also known as "The Legend Killer", is one of the most popular superstars today in the WWE. At the beginning of his career, he rose to fame as a member of the stable "Evolution". The "Legend Killer" nickname was given to him by 16-time World Champion Ric Flair, as Orton made a habit of delivering his finishing maneuver, the RKO, to various WWE Legends over the course of weeks and months. He cemented his name in history when he defeated Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship at the 2004 SummerSlam pay-per-view, becoming the youngest World Heavyweight Champion of all time.
Jealous about his championship win, Triple H, with the help of Evolution, eventually turned on him, kicking him out of the faction with a severe beating. Orton then went his own way, having many memorable rivalries against John Cena, The Undertaker, and others. Randy Orton's finishing maneuver, the RKO, stands for his full name, Randall Keith Orton, but is commonly mistaken for "Randy Knock-Out". Orton has been a heel (villian) for most of his career, as opposed to his relatively short period of being a face (hero) during his initial World Heavyweight Championship run.
Later Title Reigns
Randy won his first WWE Title at No Mercy 2007, He was first handed the title by Vince McMahon when John Cena had to relinquish the title after a torn pectoral muscle. At No Mercy after being handed the title Randy only held the title for a whole 24 minutes before losing it to Triple H, luckily for Randy Orton he won the title back from Triple H that night in a last man standing match. Randy's 2nd reighn as WWE Champion lasted 203 days, within this time period Randy beat some of the best the WWE has to offer including: Shawn Mich eals, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Triple H, and Jeff Hardy. Randys 2nd reighn as champion came to a close at Backlash 2008 after losing to Triple H in a fatal 4 way elimination match including JBL, John Cena and of course Triple H. After losing the title Randy tried to recapture the title at Judgement Day and at One Night stand but was un-sucessful both times, during the match at one night stand Randy suffered a broken collarbone after attemping an RKO but was thrown out of the ring causing the broken bone.
In 2009 Randy Started the Year by winning the 2009 Royal Rumble by eliminating Triple H to win. He would beat Shane Mcmahon at No Way Out. Then the next night Orton Punt Kicked Shane and then gave an RKO to Stephanie Mcmahon which Triple H came out in rage. With Randy's right to a title shot he challenged Triple H for his WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 25. Randy would lose this match but he would beat Triple H at Backlash to gain the title. At Judgement Day Randy fought Batista but to retain his title Randy would disqualify himself. Finally at Extreme Rules Randy would lose his title to Batista in a steel cage match. The next night on Raw "Legacy" (Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted Debiase) would beat up Batista and put him out of action for a while. The next week Randy won a fatal four way match with Big Show, John Cena and Triple H. He would become victorious and won back his title.
At "The Bash" Randy retained his title in a 3 stages of hell match against Triple H. The first fall was a traditional singles match, which Randy won because Triple H disqualified himself and hit Randy with a weapon. Shortly after the first fall Triple H won the second Fall which was a Falls Count Anywhere match. The third and final fall was a Stretcher Match which Randy won with the help of Cody Rhodes and Ted Debiase. After a few weeks on Raw it would be announced that Randy would face off against both Triple H and John Cena in a Triple Threat Match at Night of Champions. With the help of Ted Debiase and Cody Rhodes again Randy once again retained the title. The next night it was confirmed that John Cena will be the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship at Summerslam. Their match at Summerslam was restarted 3 times because Randy kept disqualifying himself and Mr. Mcmahon would keep restarting the match. With the help of Ted Debiase's brother Randy would once again retain his title.
- The Legend Killer
- The Viper
- Evolution with Triple H, Ric Flair, and Batista
- Rated RKO with Edge
- Legacy with Cody Rhodes and Ted Debiase
- Head punt
- Super RKO
- Overdrive (formerly used)
- The Perfect Drop kick
- Randy Orton Stomp
- Falling Clothesline
- World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- World Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Edge
- WWE Championship (5 times) Current
- WWE intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- Seventeenth Triple Crown Champion
- Youngest World Heavyweight Champion (at age 24)
- 2009 Royal Rumble Winner
- "Line In My Sand" by Motorhead
- "Burn in My Light" by Mercy Drive
- "This Fire Burns" by Killswitch Engage
- "Voices" by Rev Theory - Rich Luzzi
Memorable Quotes :
- "I'm a third generation superstar"
- "Follow the Intercontinental Champ, we're going for a walk!"
- "Greatness has entered the ring! Thank you very much you may bow at will!"
- "I pride myself on being a legend killer."
- "Get a look at greatness!"
- "My accomplishments are endless."
- "I'm a one man dynasty."
- "And it's not arrogance, it's destiny"
- "I'm The Legend Killer Shawn! Why?? Cause I kill LEGENDS!"
- "Not only am I better looking....I'm just plain better"
- "Who's ready for a REST HOLD?"
- "I entered this ring Randy Orton, legend killer when all was said and done I left as Randy Orton, Legend."
- "I just gave your wife a DDT, then sealed it with a kiss"