Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rare, Ltd.

Company »

Rare Ltd. is an English game developer based in Leicestershire founded in 1982. After many years of being partnered with Nintendo, the studio was acquired by Microsoft in 2002.

Well That Was Predictable Wasn't It? Natal Fit...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

In what is probably the most predictable twist since, I dunno, something totally predictable, rumours are emerging today that Rare's in-development Natal title will be Wii F..--- I mean, Natal Fit.

The not-so, kinda hilarious story from VG247 tells the story. Treat as rumour until the inevitable announcement at E3.

EDIT: (Also look out for Sony Studio London's Playstation Motion Controller supported Playstation Fit launching soon. Duh.)

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By agentboolen

Ehhh I don't blame them for trying to get a piece of the pie....  Unfortunately there coming to the party a couple years late.  All I want with Natal is that throw paint on the screen game, that alone looks like a good drinking game!!!

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier

The only good thing about it is that it keeps Nintendo on its toes other then that it feels like a cheap shot. Was to be expected.

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

Can you blame them? It's business, people will buy it...people will buy anything really, but  more people will buy Natal just because of the "fit" feature.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By VWGTI

The only thing that makes me sad about this news is the fact that Rare is making it. I'd rather see them do something, ya know, interesting.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

Rare....you got Rare one of the best development houses for creative ideas in games and got them to remake Wii Fit? WTF? WHY?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

You know what, even if MS can match Nintendo's marketing with NATAL, I think Wii Fit will remain the more successful fitness product simply because Wii Fit was designed almost exclusively as a fitness product.  What are the chances NATAL will be able to even remotely match the precision of the balance tests in Wii Fit?  Checking the user's weight?  No chance in NATAL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.