Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Raskulls

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 29, 2010

Raskulls is an action platformer for the Xbox Live Arcade. The game features a single-player mode and both local and online multiplayer. The focus is on lighthearted humor and addictive, unique platforming gameplay.

Destructoid is in Raskulls. Where's my GiantBomb Raskull?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

No Caption Provided
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Anyone know how to unlock this Raskull?

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bwast
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Anyone know how to unlock this Raskull? "
    Write an inflammatory article designed to bring traffic to your shitty website. 
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

Just throw Charlie Tunoku in there instead.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Jim Sterling can do no wrong.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By damswedon

beat the main game to unlock it.

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sterbacblu

Destructoid was also in Super Meat Boy.  I know they're not really "gaming press," but still their already low integrity sinks even deeper with placement like this.  I still highly respect Jeff for refusing inclusion in one of the editions of Blitz because he knew it would be a conflict of interest.  IGN did something similar where their editors were included in a game somehow.  I wish I could remember what game and in what form they were included.  But yeah that's just seedy to me.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    Write an inflammatory article designed to bring traffic to your shitty website.  "
    *rimshot*
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vitor
    @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    Write an inflammatory article designed to bring traffic to your shitty website.  "
    Boom!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By demontium
    @Vitor said:
    " @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    Boom! "
    needs more shakalaka
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vitor
    @demontium said:
    " @Vitor said:
    " @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    Boom! "
    needs more shakalaka "
    Doesn’t it always?
    zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By zero_

I think the Destructoid head was in Bomberman as well... Destructoid used to be pretty cool, too bad Jim Sterling had to fatten up the place and kick out Ron Workman...

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Zereta
    @Bwast said:

" @EpicSteve said:

Nailed it. 
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#14  Edited By Soap
    @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    As has been mentioned many times.... this.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FunExplosions
    @sterbacblu said:
    " Destructoid was also in Super Meat Boy.  I know they're not really "gaming press," but still their already low integrity sinks even deeper with placement like this.  I still highly respect Jeff for refusing inclusion in one of the editions of Blitz because he knew it would be a conflict of interest.  IGN did something similar where their editors were included in a game somehow.  I wish I could remember what game and in what form they were included.  But yeah that's just seedy to me. "
    Got a link to that or maybe some more info about it? The Jeff thing, I mean. That's pretty awesome.
    sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sterbacblu
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @sterbacblu said:
    " Destructoid was also in Super Meat Boy.  I know they're not really "gaming press," but still their already low integrity sinks even deeper with placement like this.  I still highly respect Jeff for refusing inclusion in one of the editions of Blitz because he knew it would be a conflict of interest.  IGN did something similar where their editors were included in a game somehow.  I wish I could remember what game and in what form they were included.  But yeah that's just seedy to me. "
    Got a link to that or maybe some more info about it? The Jeff thing, I mean. That's pretty awesome. "
    I'm fairly certain he mentioned it at least once back when he did The Hot Spot podcast.  I don't think it was on On The Spot or on early Bombcasts, so more than likely it was on The Hot Spot.  There is another thread here at GB where a guy is going through all the episodes of The Hot Spot and compiling "best of" compilations by year.  Maybe you could ask him to let you know which one it is if he stumbles upon it. 

As a side note, it was Virtua Fighter 5 that IGN editors and at-the-time 1up editor James Mielke got to design characters for after winning an "editor's tournament."  Here's the old article.  The funny thing is, if I'm recalling correctly, that Jeff was offered to be in Blitz because he too won a tournament, but refused to be in the game due to it being a conflict of interest.  Again, that's why I have incredibly high respect for him and everyone at this site, and have lost respect for most other sites.  Even attending the 1up reunion panel at PAX last year made me lose respect for them when they admitted that some reviews for the site were done without having the reviewers finishing the game or even playing it most of the way through.  But reviews as a whole are another issue.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By tebbit

I feel like anybody that mentions Destructoid's perceived lack of credibility is reading the site far more seriously than it is intended to be read.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Lautaro
    @Tebbit said:
    " I feel like anybody that mentions Destructoid's perceived lack of credibility is reading the site far more seriously than it is intended to be read. "
    This 

@sterbacblu
    said:
    If Destructoid don't review the game (which they didn't) I dont understand why this is such a big deal? Also in regards to the shitty articles comments that people keep repeating here, what do people expect from blogs, they don't claim to be journalists.
    GioSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GioSpy

Quick, someone contact Halfbrick and tell them to add Giant B... Wait a second? What would a Giant Bomb Raskull even look like?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Milkman

Giant Bomb would never agree to any like this. Also, 

@Bwast said:

" @EpicSteve said:
    BOOM!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#21  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Lautaro said:
    " @sterbacblu said:
    If Destructoid don't review the game (which they didn't) I dont understand why this is such a big deal? Also in regards to the shitty articles comments that people keep repeating here, what do people expect from blogs, they don't claim to be journalists. "
    I know Destructoid did review Eternity's Child. Destructoid panned the game, Luc Bernard got upset, and he subsequently removed Mr. Destructoid from the game. That was back in 2008, so I don't know if things have changed since then or what.
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lautaro
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @Lautaro said:
    " @sterbacblu said:
    If Destructoid don't review the game (which they didn't) I dont understand why this is such a big deal? Also in regards to the shitty articles comments that people keep repeating here, what do people expect from blogs, they don't claim to be journalists. "
    I know Destructoid did review Eternity's Child. Destructoid panned the game, Luc Bernard got upset, and he subsequently removed Mr. Destructoid from the game. That was back in 2008, so I don't know if things have changed since then or what. "
    Wow they gave it a 1.0, I am pretty sure that was the Robert Summa era though and he is long gone. Because I can't find a review of Super Meatboy and they did a not review of Raskulls so it seems like they don't do it anymore.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @GioSpy said:
    " Quick, someone contact Halfbrick and tell them to add Giant B... Wait a second? What would a Giant Bomb Raskull even look like? "
    Aww shit this sounds like a photoshop opportunity to me.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunExplosions
    @sterbacblu: Thanks!
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By 234r2we232
    *insert derogatory statement about game website not called Giant Bomb here*
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By natetodamax
    @EpicSteve: I would rather not see Giant Bomb in a game with Destructoid, unless that game involved Giant Bomb maiming Destructoid.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Evilsbane

The only game GB needs to be in is Persona 5 :P

TheMartino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMartino
    @Zero_ said:
    " I think the Destructoid head was in Bomberman as well... Destructoid used to be pretty cool, too bad Jim Sterling had to fatten up the place and kick out Ron Workman... "
    They had the whole Mr. Destructoid outfit in Bomberman.  The story, while I may not be privvy to share it, of how exactly that went down is actually quite funny. 

I'll say it involves a bar and drinking.
    SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By SgtReznor
    @GioSpy said:
    " Quick, someone contact Halfbrick and tell them to add Giant B... Wait a second? What would a Giant Bomb Raskull even look like? "
    LUCHADEER!
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By infininja
    @Lautaro said:
    " @LordAndrew said:
    " @Lautaro said:
    " @sterbacblu said:
    I know Destructoid did review Eternity's Child. Destructoid panned the game, Luc Bernard got upset, and he subsequently removed Mr. Destructoid from the game. That was back in 2008, so I don't know if things have changed since then or what. "
    Wow they gave it a 1.0, I am pretty sure that was the Robert Summa era though and he is long gone. Because I can't find a review of Super Meatboy and they did a not review of Raskulls so it seems like they don't do it anymore. "

Mr. Destructoid isn't in Super Meat Boy, unless he's planned for the in-limbo Wii version.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Bwast said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By audiosnag

They decided not to review the game because of the character being included so I don't really see the big deal. 
    The community seems to be the worst part about Destructoid, the amount of fanboy bullshit that goes on there is mindboggling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.