Why are the PS3 games excluded?

#1 Posted by SolidOcelot (334 posts) -

I was wondering why the two PS3 Ratchet & Clank games were excluded from this collection, the similar God of War Collection contains every God of War game including 3. Seems odd, did the developer or even Sony ever mention this, thnks in advance.

#2 Posted by Spuirrel (86 posts) -

Well there is also a PS2 game left out. If I had to guess it would be that they didn't care, the framerate can make this evident.

#3 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

@Spuirrel said:

Well there is also a PS2 game left out. If I had to guess it would be that they didn't care, the framerate can make this evident.

Deadlocked is coming out on PSN later this year in HD with trophies and online multiplayer. It is weird that they left it out when they were going to just release it anyway.

#4 Posted by Sogeman (872 posts) -

The GOW collection is just 1 and 2 or the PSP games. All of the HD collections they released are either 2 or 3 games. Mostly trilogies. They're giving you 3 games for 30 monies, be happy ;)

#5 Posted by Heltom92 (714 posts) -

Well you could say the same thing for the MGS collection, or the DMC Collection etc.

It probably doesn't make financial sense to include the more recent one without bumping the price up.

#6 Posted by mosespippy (4285 posts) -

The two PS3 games are in the Ratchet & Clank Future franchise and not the Ratchet & Clank franchise. That would be my guess anyway.

#7 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Isn't the collection edition HD versions of the classic ratchet & clanks on PS2. What's the point of including already HD games in an HD collection?

#8 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

Probably coding and space reasons.

#9 Posted by joemarch (25 posts) -

Aren't the ps3 games hd anyway though?

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5809 posts) -

Because then when the ps4 comes out they couldn't release a Ratchet and Clank Future Hd Collection. Also I know blu rays are big, but I have my doubts that a single disc could fit 3 ps2 games and 2 1/2 ps3 exclusives.

#11 Posted by PenguinDust (12554 posts) -

My guess would be because you can still buy them in stores. They're part of Sony's "Greatest Hits" collection. Why would they cannibalize sales of those games by adding them to this collection? A Crack in Time is $13 new on Amazon and Tools of Destruction is $19.

#12 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

Are they all on one disc or multiple ones? If the former is the case, then I imagine it's mainly spacial reasons. 3 entire games on one Blu-Ray is pushing it already.

#13 Posted by DeF (4923 posts) -

Because they are starting to put out their franchise collections. They'd love to re-release the HD collections with the PS3 games packed in later!

Look at this:

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

The three PS3 games form their own separate trilogy, that had a weird PSN-only middle entry.

#15 Posted by BlackLagoon (1457 posts) -

@SolidOcelot said:

I was wondering why the two PS3 Ratchet & Clank games were excluded from this collection, the similar God of War Collection contains every God of War game including 3. Seems

It's because this is a "new" HD remaster, while the God of War Collection is a re-release of titles that have already been out of the PS3 for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.