Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Time splits as A Crack In Time marks the end of the "Future" trilogy in the Ratchet & Clank franchise.

Insomniac Unveils Crack in Time Pre-order Program; Pisses Me Off

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By AndrewGaspar

Basically, Insomniac is having four separate pre-order bonuses at four different locations. Three of the packs contain exclusive content that Insomniac has neither confirmed nor denied to be in the final product, obtainable through gameplay. The best bonus, in my opinion, is the Discover Pack, which contains access to the Insomniac Museum. However, by getting this one you're cut out from getting the other pre-order bonuses, which contain exclusive content that you can only get from the pre-order, unless, of course, you want to go out and pre-order the game three times.

What pisses me off even more is how they've trivialized the Insomniac Museum. In Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, the game required you to stay up until two in the morning to access the Insomniac Museum, or else complete the game 100%. So it's no longer about skill or being, quite literally, a true Insomniac. Now it's just about where you pre-ordered the game from.

Anyway, I'm done ranting for now, but I'm sure one of you can get me going in the comment section.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Basically, Insomniac is having four separate pre-order bonuses at four different locations. Three of the packs contain exclusive content that Insomniac has neither confirmed nor denied to be in the final product, obtainable through gameplay. The best bonus, in my opinion, is the Discover Pack, which contains access to the Insomniac Museum. However, by getting this one you're cut out from getting the other pre-order bonuses, which contain exclusive content that you can only get from the pre-order, unless, of course, you want to go out and pre-order the game three times.

What pisses me off even more is how they've trivialized the Insomniac Museum. In Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, the game required you to stay up until two in the morning to access the Insomniac Museum, or else complete the game 100%. So it's no longer about skill or being, quite literally, a true Insomniac. Now it's just about where you pre-ordered the game from.

Anyway, I'm done ranting for now, but I'm sure one of you can get me going in the comment section.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ververdan0226

I'm going to get the Discovery Package, but yeah it pisses me off as well. Maybe they'll explain themselves in the next Full Moon Show, whenever it comes out. Pre-order bonuses are fine on some occasions , but giving out four options so that everybody ends up missing something is just fucking stupid.

EDIT: They should just do a proper special edition and not just trivialize all these things by dividing them up into four separate pre-order packages and making everyone unhappy.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Really? Man, that sucks. And there was me thinking Insomniac were better than this.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CactusWolf
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By FCKSNAP

Like the resistance pre-order bonuses, I'm pretty sure they'll have em as free downloads a couple months later.

It was fun being the only Dr. Malikov in R2, but now I see them everywhere.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Snapstacle said:
    " Like the resistance pre-order bonuses, I'm pretty sure they'll have em as free downloads a couple months later.It was fun being the only Dr. Malikov in R2, but now I see them everywhere. "
    That would be really cool of them if they did do that.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, that's lame.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Pazy

It sucks in terms of the fact that, as far as I can see, you cant get all of the game. Especially since a lot of places dont do preorders and a lot of preorder bonus's are US specific. But as far as I can see 3 of the Bonus you can live without (an skin for a vehicle so its just looks, some extra currency and 2 upgrades instantly rather than earning, a weapon to start with that your normally unlock and a diffrent  skin for a gun you get regardless). Only the Insomniac Museum is legitamitly interesting and if I was preordering (I would except I have no Ps3 and want to play the other 2 ps3 versions first)  then I would definately get that pack.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm getting kind of tired of pre-order bonuses and "limited edition" crap that excludes gamers from the full content of the game.  If that's the case with this, I won't be picking it up.

It's one thing to package in all sorts of fun little trinkets and toys - I thought the Fallout 3 stuff was fun and didn't make anyone feel really left out. 

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Cirdain

how do you feel now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.