holabendez's Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (PlayStation 3) review

Nothing really new, but just enough to tide you over

Tools of Destruction left me wanting more, so I picked up Quest for Booty. It really seems like a game designed to simply tide you over before the release of Crack in Time. As a stand alone game, it really doesn’t add anything of significance new to the series and it is extremely short, probably 4-5 hours in length. In fact if anything it seems like the deleted scenes of the previous video game packaged together.

All things being equal though, more of the same of Ratchet & Clank is not a bad thing.

Other reviews for Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (PlayStation 3)

One for fans of the series... 0

Ok, firstly, let me say that I really like the Ratchet and Clank series. For me, when I got the first game on the PS2, i was blown away - it re-defined the platforming genre, which was in danger of becoming stale. Now, with the series' first release on the PSN comes Quest for Booty, a mini-adventure which retains much of the characteristics of the previous installments. The plot picks up pretty much where Tools of Destruction left off: Ratchet attempts to find Clank, who has been kidnapped by t...

Ratchet is as Fun as Ever. Just Shorter. 0

This Review Contains Spoilers for R&C: Tools of DestructionIf you decide to buy Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, realize that it's only $15, thus the game doesn't need to be extremely long, extremely exciting, or extremely complex. The game is much simpler than 2007's Tools of Destruction, taking away much of the mechanics introduced in Ratchet's last adventure, taking away many of the weapons, and probably most importantly, taking away Clank.If your not all up to snuff on the latest Ratc...