I'm not afraid to confess this....

• 55 results
#1 Posted by el_tajij (718 posts) -

I've got MGS4, GTA IV, Call of Duty 4, Condemned 2, Assassin's Creed and are a huge fan of all those games previous titles (Assassin's Creed withstanding, obviously - although I did enjoy the Prince of Persia games) as well as a whole host of others.

But if there's one game I've enjoyed the most and that's really made me glad I bought a PS3, it's Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.

Maybe it's because it's the first Ratchet game I've played.
Maybe it's because it plays almost nostalgically similar to classic platform games.

Either way, I can't wait for Quest For Booty. Which makes me wonder, anyone else here enjoy/been taken by surprise by this massively underrated game as much as I did?

#2 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Who would be afraid to 'confess' this? A LOT of people love that game, its one of the most popular franchises in gaming out there.

#3 Posted by Meresin (147 posts) -
el_tajij said:
Either way, I can't wait for Quest For Booty. Which makes me wonder, anyone else here enjoy/been taken by surprise by this massively underrated game as much as I did?

I was also pretty amazed by how good it was. Quest for Booty has me very excited...Especially if it's leading into the next R&C game. :D
#4 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -

There is nothing wrong with loving R&C.

#5 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I don't recall that game being very underrated, especially the coverage it gets on this site (in the podcasts they talk about it a lot). R&C is quality, no need to be afraid of confessing that you like it.

#6 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"There is nothing wrong with loving R&C.
"
It's a way of life.
#7 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -

R&C rules, theres no shame in that.

#8 Posted by PaperPlain (243 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank is amazing. No shame in loving it.

#9 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Don't be ashamed, you love a game that's gotten great reviews and has a huge fanbase!

#10 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

It's an amazing game.

#11 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

Although the only ratchet games I have played so far are Tools of Destruction and Size Matters, so far I love the series too.

#12 Posted by el_tajij (718 posts) -

Well you know, with all the talk about Metal Gear This and Grand Theft That - I just really can't believe how much Ratchet & Clank have stolen the show on my PS3 for me :D

#13 Posted by namster (132 posts) -

I have the game and love it too
heh when just into JRPGs like I am you can't be afraid to show off the kiddie looking games you're playing

#14 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Yeah, really under looked game IMO. I can't wait till the next R&C though, hope it's a TRUE sequel.

#15 Posted by deerpoob (128 posts) -

check out the second one, going commando, thats probebly the best of the ratchet games, ive played all them but the original and the latest one.

#16 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

The third has to be the best IMO, UYA was just amazing.

#17 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

It's a great game :)

#18 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

They all are pretty amazing.

#19 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Shocker said:
"They all are pretty amazing.
"
Agreed.

Just imagine a real R&C sequel, where it had like, Uncharted graphics, where you could see the hairs on Ratchet, and you could truly see the depth in his animations and the depth in the color of the world.

That is my dream, for some day.
#20 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

Ya I really see nothing wrong with liking it. Hopefully enough quest for booty comes out fast enough.

#21 Posted by dogswithguns (14 posts) -

Shame on you that you liked R/C - - just kidding! LOL

#22 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
tokyochicken said:
"Ya I really see nothing wrong with liking it. Hopefully enough quest for booty comes out fast enough.
"

Yeah, only 20 days left!
#23 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
tokyochicken said:
"Ya I really see nothing wrong with liking it. Hopefully enough quest for booty comes out fast enough.
"

Yeah, looks like its gonna be a great game
#24 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -
Had a Nintendo 64, and overdosed on the platforms.Since then I've been clean and promised myself not to relaspe.
#25 Posted by filiwian (249 posts) -

I've played every R&C game and thought the third one was the best so far in my opinion. Can't wait why those little buggers kidnapped Clank at the end of the previous game.

#26 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

It's a great game.

#27 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It is a great game. Confess it without fear!

#28 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
filiwian said:
"I've played every R&C game and thought the third one was the best so far in my opinion. Can't wait why those little buggers kidnapped Clank at the end of the previous game. "

Same here, UYA was truly amazing. I want a PS3 version of that, or a sequel of that, a REAL R&C sequel.
#29 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

I heard that game is kickass!

#30 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -

Why are you "afraid" to admit, R&C is an awesome franchise

#31 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

R&C is amazing. No need to be embarrassed to like them :|

#32 Posted by Elsa (19 posts) -

Yeah! I can't wait to "shake my booty" again to open some of those pirate doors! :)

#33 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Elsa said:
"Yeah! I can't wait to "shake my booty" again to open some of those pirate doors! :)
"

Lmao.

I really wonder how this game will be focused more on platforming, when you don't even have Clank!! =[
#34 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

It's one of those games that SHOULD be really repetitive but for some reason it's just absolutely awesome.

#35 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I liked Ratchet and Clank also. So far it rates as one of the better PS3 games I have.

#36 Posted by SuperTanker (5 posts) -

I played through R&C:ToD 4 times and loved it.  I may just play through it again, now that you mention it.

#37 Posted by el_tajij (718 posts) -

I personally feel Ratchet and Clank just hit the right balance between the 'RPG-style development' of weapon upgrades and the fun-factor of a platformer. It's a lot of fun but also an element of progression to make everything not seem so shallow.

Also it's hilarious.

#38 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
SuperTanker said:
"I played through R&C:ToD 4 times and loved it.  I may just play through it again, now that you mention it.

"

I played through it at least 10 times, I believe it was like 13 or something.

And R&C UYA more then 64 times.
#39 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

dude r and c is one of if not the best games on the ps3 why be afraid to say you like it. only people who dont know anything about it and see that it looks kiddy say stupid crap.

#40 Posted by CellAnimation (34 posts) -

Tools of Destruction kicked ass! I've got no issues admitting I love it!

#41 Posted by YDGI (36 posts) -

I think he is afraid to admit that R&C is a better game then GTAIV, COD4 and MGS4. 

#42 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -
YDGI said:
"I think he is afraid to admit that R&C is a better game then GTAIV, COD4 and MGS4. "
ok gta and cod yes ratchet is better then those, but mgs4 no it is not better then that. how can you beat perfection?
#43 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

I actually never cared that much for the R&C style of play. I've played demos for all the PS2 versions as well as the Future tools of destruction and feel that it was enough for me. I just don't like the controlls and way everything movies. That said, I absolutely love the Jak series.

#44 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -
el_tajij said:
"I've got MGS4, GTA IV, Call of Duty 4, Condemned 2, Assassin's Creed and are a huge fan of all those games previous titles (Assassin's Creed withstanding, obviously - although I did enjoy the Prince of Persia games) as well as a whole host of others.

But if there's one game I've enjoyed the most and that's really made me glad I bought a PS3, it's Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.

Maybe it's because it plays almost nostalgically similar to classic platform games.

"
Why would you be afraid...? Ratchet and Clank was a good game.
#45 Posted by Quadrifoglio (816 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is an amazing game. It's almost impossible not to like it!

#46 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Nothing to be ashamed of... R&C is a neat game.

#47 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

i love the game on ps3, just amazing, just a whole lot of fun.

#48 Posted by Dissolve (375 posts) -

I always get really into

an R&C game at first then lose the will to finish them about halfway through.

I haven't played

ToD yet, though, so hopefully this could be the first one I finish.
#49 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
el_tajij said:
"I've got MGS4, GTA IV, Call of Duty 4, Condemned 2, Assassin's Creed and are a huge fan of all those games previous titles (Assassin's Creed withstanding, obviously - although I did enjoy the Prince of Persia games) as well as a whole host of others.

"
wow you're so courageous, congratulations!
lol confession?! wat?
#50 Posted by Maklershed (21 posts) -

This game is deep in my backlog. I really should get started on it sometime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.