Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Franchise »

The Ratchet & Clank series developed by Insomniac Games continues its success, by giving the fans the best from the previous installments, but also improving on the major gameplay elements.

Should I even bother?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

So what I'm wondering is, if I didn't enjoy Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters for the PSP, should I even bother with the PS2 ones? 

See, I didn't like Size Matters at all. It was an ugly game with boring combat, boring platforming and boring boss fights. Nothing stood out -- every single aspect of the game was either below-average, or just average. 

I'm not trying to get into an argument about whether or not the game's good, so please keep those opinions to yourself. I just want to know if the PS2 ones are different enough to be worth a shot, even if I didn't like Size Matters.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Damien

I don't believe they are made by the same developers.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael
    @Damien: Maybe not, but they're still part of the same series. God of War: Chains of Olympus wasn't made by the developers of the first two games, but they all played exactly the same.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

R&C:SM sucks monkey balls, the rest of the Ratchet and Clank games (for the most part) do not.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think the original and Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando are both awesome. I felt Up Your Arsenal was a bit of a downgrade, though it did get higher review scores but that's no doubt because of the added online play. I imagine they'll still hold up fairly well.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

the PSP version and the console versions are, besides some of the characters, completely uncomparable.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShadowKing7

Dude, the PS2 versions are levels above Size Matters.  The original R&C has, for me, the perfect combo of platforming, exploration, and blowing shit up.  I've replayed it so many times it ain't funny.  At least give the first game a go before writing off the series; if that game doesn't change your mind, then the others might not be for you either.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

R&C: Going Commando is the pinnacle of the series in my opinion (though I haven't played the most recent PS3 release yet). I would definitely recommend trying it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.