Is this worth the buy for someone new?

#1 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

I was thinking of getting this, I love 3D platformers, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario, Donkey Kong and so on, is this game up my alley do you guys think? I never had a Playstation so is this game only really for older fans of the series? Or would it still stand up?

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I've actually never played this (which is weird, since I own a copy and have probably played through Rayman 2 like six times). I remember starting and being put off by the lack of gibberish voices, the English ones are just weird.

#3 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1838 posts) -

I would say it's absolutely worth it, especially if you're a general fan of the genre. I adore this game, even more so than I did Rayman 2. It has what are probably some of my favorite levels and bosses in any platformer I've played.

#4 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Yeah it's worth it. The first Rayman remains the greatest Rayman of all time and one of the best platformers ever made but 3 is decent.

#5 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Is this the one with John Legazamo?

#6 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

Cool, thanks guys, I may just buy this.

#7 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

Is this the one with John Legazamo?

Yep. I loved this game when it was new, so I'd love to see how it holds up.

Man, it's kinda weird to think it took almost 10 years for a proper sequel to 3 to come out, and even that was more of a Rayman 1 type deal.

#8 Posted by Zippedbinders (1037 posts) -

I bought it to check it out, as I've never played it before. It doesn't really seem to hold up as well as Rayman 2 does, but its not terrible. The voice acting is easily the worst part about it.

Its an alright 3D platformer with a great visual style and terrible mini-games.

#9 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

I think it's worth checking out, I loved it as a kid. It's not the greatest game in the world but it's fun.

#10 Edited by big_jon (5789 posts) -

I like it so far but man, why is the sound so bad?

Never the less, I will buy it tomorrow, I just love pretty 3D platformers!

#11 Posted by Bocam (3833 posts) -

This is the one where they had actual voices right?

#12 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@Bocam: yes

#13 Posted by believer258 (12211 posts) -

I just played the demo and was wondering the same thing myself. I've been starving for a good new 3D platformer and this might do the trick!

#14 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@believer258: I am buying it today, I'll let you know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.