Rayman Legends Hits Next-Gen in February.

#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3813 posts) -

During an earnings call today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that Rayman Legends will be available for next-gen consoles in February.

Elsewhere in the call, Ubisoft said Legends has sold roughly 1 million units across other platforms to date, and in general, Ubisoft expects demand for all of its games to rise once the next-gen consoles arrive.

"The PS4 and Xbox One will be released in a few days’ time and will be a new driving force for the industry,” Guillemot said in a statement. “We are confident in our capacity to rise to the short-term challenges posed by the transition phase, thanks to the very high quality of our games, which, combined with the upcoming arrival of the next-generation consoles and the traditional ramp-up of sales during the Christmas season will trigger positive momentum towards the end of the year.

Source

I wonder how different this will look on next gen but it still baffles the damn mind on why they haven't released this for the 3DS.

#2 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Cool. Ubisoft loves them launch games so lets hope there are a bunch of next gen men hungry for some Rayman.

#3 Posted by Scullinator (512 posts) -

Still looking for a cheap used copy of this for my WiiU. I have seen videos for this game, it looks awesome and a must have for wiiu owners.

#4 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

I wonder if they'll use the DualShock 4's touchpad for the Wii-U levels.

#5 Edited by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

@chiablo said:

I wonder if they'll use Kinect for the "Wii U levels", as you've put it (they're in all versions).

#6 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Legends is one of my favorite games this year and I play it daily (trying for that 1,000,000 lums achievement) but I think it's time they did to Rayman 2 what they did to Rayman with Rayman Origins. They can still use the UbiArt engine or whatever it's called but make it a 3D world instead of a 2D platformer. Just imagine how amazing that would look! Here's to hoping.

#7 Edited by Ramone (2954 posts) -

AW HELL YEAH!

#8 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

@chiablo said:

I wonder if they'll use Kinect for the "Wii U levels", as you've put it (they're in all versions).

Couldn't remember the name of it. :p

#9 Posted by Vanick (312 posts) -

I'm pretty happy about this. I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to play it on current consoles so now I'll have one more PS4 game to play.

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It probably won't look any better on next gen, but it's nice to have the option. (I'm assuming it already runs in 1080P)

#11 Posted by AlexGBRO (267 posts) -

i wonder if you will be able to upgrade like AC black flag

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3828 posts) -

I thought it had already hit the next gen (it is on PC, Wii U, and Vita).

#13 Posted by jimmyfenix (3813 posts) -

@darthorange: It is still dumb they couldn't get the game on 3DS

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.