Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

Is the Wii version identical to the 360/PS3 versions?

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dystonym

Hey.

I'm super interested in Rayman Origins but I don't own a 360 or a PS3 (I do most of my "hardcore" gaming on the PC.) However, I've noticed that there is a Wii version of this and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's identical to the 360 and PS3 versions or if it's a gimped down Wii version like we see with a lot of big publisher games.

Cheers!

Avatar image for mexican_brownie
    Mexican_Brownie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mexican_Brownie

Nintendo Power gave the Wii Version a 9.5/10 so it can't be that bad. Obviously the game is not in HD like on the other consoles, but other than that I willing to bet that the Wii version is identical. A lot of times the detrimental difference between Wii and HD ports is online multiplayer, but Origins is strictly offline on all consoles.

Also just a heads up, the Wii version will be 29.99 at Gamestop on Black Friday

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Similar situation with me. I'm thinking of picking this up for 3DS though.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By buzz_killington

@Murdouken: Does this help?

Tizzzzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tizzzzzz

Aside from HD I don't think there's any serious difference at all. I've been playing the Wii version and the controls are simple enough that a sideways Wii remote works well. The aesthetic is also still quite beautiful. Having played the demo for the 360 version I feel comfortable saying you will be absolutely fine picking up the Wii version.

thekoreanguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By thekoreanguy

Yes. I have the Wii version, its identical to the 360/PS3 versions.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MidgardDragon

Hmm, I was in a different situation, owning both a Wii and PS3 but preferring gameplay improvements over graphics/trophies. If there's no serious control improvements through motion or integration with the 3DS version that's coming or anything, then I'm definitely going for the PS3 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.