Less that 5,000 copies sold (?)

• 186 results
#151 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@AlmostSwedish said:

I like how everyone assumes that they are smarter than the people who decided to put it out now, like Ubi hadn't any research.

What is it they say? It's preferable to be #20 on the charts before Christmas to being #1 in January?

Everybody seems convinced that we'd all run out and buy Rayman if it didn't have competition.

#152 Posted by Soap (3531 posts) -

They have no one but themselves to blame, bringing out a game that arguably should be a downloadable title, for full retail price at the busiest time of year for major releases.

#153 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1229 posts) -

Ubi are being completely clueless. Nothing new. If this was released for PC digitally at €20, no drm, it wouldve sold 100k by now.

#154 Posted by YoungFrey (1319 posts) -

I'm going to give Ubisoft some credit and assume their marketing/pricing departments aren't full of idiots. I'd say the biggest question is how Rayman got greenlit in the first place. Maybe it's because his name is on some of the Rabbids games, so a good number of Wii owners will recognize it. Otherwise, you have to look back 10 years. So you have a 2D platformer with next to no brand recognition. Marketers know how much return you get from an ad campaign. I'm sure they did the math and estimated that putting money into promoting it wouldn't get a return. The decision to put it out at $60 USD is probably based on similar logic. If a game has no profile, the launch window has little importance. So they might as well sell some copies at 50% more than $40 before hacking the price in a month or two. And if you want to judge interest, during Amazon's Cyber Monday

#155 Posted by Funzzo (823 posts) -

Any chance this will be on PC at some point? mabey steam?

#156 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -

I find it somewhat bemusing that even while totally agreeing this is a great game, complain abut its horrid lack of exposure followed by them recommending others to purchase this, they cant find enough talking material to devote 10 minutes separated of 3 diverent podcast because, hey its Rayman.

Ubisoft releasing Rayman Origins in the same month as MW3. Akyrim and Ass:Revelations. On the same day as saints row 3 and just before Skyward Sword and having the balls to say that Rayman sales will impact the potential development of a Beyond good and evil 2 was a really classy move.

I can only conclude that Ubisoft is trolling folks hard and that Rayman was doomed from the start. while BG&E2 joins Shenmue in its never ending carrot on a stick abuse where its continually being held as blackmail material to promote sales for totally unrelated products

#157 Posted by Dookysharpgun (586 posts) -

I think it hit something like 50,000 worldwide...as far as I've been told, I can't really find anything on it tbh...which in of itself is a pretty bad sign. Its a pity, but much like other titles publishers don't want to support, they sent it out to die a painful, prolonged death. And its Ubisoft...so yeah, not surprised there.

#158 Posted by Dalai (6882 posts) -
#159 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

No Rabbids means no sales.

#160 Posted by Mister_Avatar (67 posts) -

I'm giving it a try after saint's row 3. I figure it will be a good girl friend co-op game.

#161 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@Ertard said:
Ubi are being completely clueless. Nothing new. If this was released for PC digitally at €20, no drm, it wouldve sold 100k by now.
I would've bought it instantly. But since I have no Wii and have no reason to get one really, I'll just never pay for this game.
#162 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@Ertard said:
I would've bought it instantly. But since I have no Wii and have no reason to get one really, I'll just never pay for this game.

I feel someone should point out to you this game was released on 360 and PS3. It isn't exclusive to the Wii.

#163 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@TehFlan said:

@Azteck said:

@Ertard said:

I feel someone should point out to you this game was released on 360 and PS3. It isn't exclusive to the Wii.

Really? I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Was it released in Europe too? 'Cause I have literally seen no box for this in any store
#164 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I just bought the Limited Edition on sale.

Seems like a great game. Also, there has been some heavy Youtube advertising, I wonder if that helped?

#165 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

@Azteck: As far as I can tell, it was released in Europe on all platforms. I live in the US, though, so there isn't really any way for me to say first-hand. Maybe try and order it online?

#166 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@TehFlan said:

@Azteck: As far as I can tell, it was released in Europe on all platforms. I live in the US, though, so there isn't really any way for me to say first-hand. Maybe try and order it online?

Ah, there we have the second issue though. I don't feel compelled to pay 60$, or rather 100$ because of the retarded conversion to Euro, for that one game. It's simply too much to ask for.
#167 Posted by Daneian (1174 posts) -

@TehFlan said:

I live in California and bought it on PS3. Amazon has it on sale for 360, PS3 and Wii

#168 Posted by leebmx (1876 posts) -

@buzz_killington said:

@Delta_Ass said:

It's a 2D sidescroller with a 60 dollar sticker price going up against the biggest titles of the year. No shit it flopped.

New Super Mario Brothers says hi with 22 million copies sold. The 2D or the side scrolling part has nothing to do with anything.

My mum knows who Mario is she wouldn't know Rayman if he knocked her down and nicked her handbag......they aren't a valid comparison.

p.s. I know this reply is about 2 weeks late:)

#169 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Azteck: Its £20 in the UK in some places now on PS3/360, although that is good for people, it's not great for the people who made it.

#170 Posted by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

It's sold 440.000, which the number Ubisoft deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt it (for hot deals).

Pos Game
USA
Japan
Europe
Global
Rayman Origins (PS3)
Ubisoft, Platform
Rayman Origins (X360)
Ubisoft, Platform
Rayman Origins (Wii)
Ubisoft, Platform
Total
#171 Edited by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

When it comes out on PC at an expectedly Ubisoft late PC release date, then I will buy it without any hesitation. I never played Rayman when I was a kid and this would be a great opportunity for me to get a look in at it. Can't wait for it.

#172 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

Say it together brothers, Steam Sale!

#173 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

I would have bought it already if it wasn't $60.

#174 Posted by GolazoDan (114 posts) -

The advertising for this has been just a load of crap. I bought it one because I knew Rayman from Rayman 2 on the Playstation so was familiar with the the character, and two because I saw the quick look on here and the co-op with the interns and thought "This looks AMAZING". I am probably not the target audience; this is a game that will appeal to younger gamers who probably aren't on GiantBomb.com. I would have loved this as a kid, just like I loved Sonic and Mario, because it's like playing a cartoon.

Ubi really messed this one up.

#175 Posted by WileyS (105 posts) -

I bought Rayman: Origins, I am the .00001%

#176 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

@EdIsCool said:

#177 Posted by me3639 (1608 posts) -

Really sucks if true. It is one of the few games that brings a smile to your face.

#178 Posted by carlfoster91 (84 posts) -

Gamrreview says 500,000 copies when you combine all versions now.

#179 Posted by Bucketdeth (7983 posts) -

Bought the girlfriend this for Christmas, hoping to get some co-op action ;)

This game couldn't have come out at a worse time, it's a real shame because from what I hear this game is all around fantastic.

#180 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Just ordered this game now that it's on sale, my expectations are very high!

#181 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Th3_James said:

@EdIsCool said:

But there's no PC version
#182 Posted by sanchopanza (247 posts) -

Why is Ubisoft marketing so bad at its job? Anything that isn't Ass Creed or some stupid Tom Clancy game just gets shat out and forgotten.

#183 Posted by NipCrip66 (119 posts) -
#184 Posted by ModernAlkemie (356 posts) -

I'll be interested to see how this thing sells over the next few months. If the price eventually gets lowered and with some time to refill wallets emptied by the holiday season, a lot of people who had to pass on it during the holidays might go and pick it up.

Or Ubi might just end up burying it in a shallow grave alongside the decapitated body of Mr. Caffeine. That would be a shame since I got to crack open my copy last night and that game is an absolutely delightful experience.

#185 Posted by KingX (220 posts) -

from what Ive seen now there are report arund 50 000 - 60 000 thousand. which is a total fucking disgrace.

This game is by far one of the funniest games Ive played in years and it performs so well. 2d platforming made as it should be. I hope that ubisoft won't let this destroy the fun we all have had with rayman and that a follower can come some day.

#186 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Started playing this game yesterday, super fun and it looks effing fantastic. I have a feeling I'm going to spend a lot of time hunting high scores and achievements. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.